Subject: Rule Scans? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Cousins
England
Finedon
Northamptonshire
flag msg tools
I am trying to get hold of a copy of the rules to Shell Shock! and found a scan of the rules for Ambush! on this site, are scans of out of print games allowed? If so it might be a good idea to create a rules libary of out of print games.

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whether out of print or not, you still need the acceptance of the copyright-holder. But it is more unlikely that someone will come after you when the game is no longer available.

I can send you a scan of the rules for Shell Shock (b/w PDF) tomorrow (if I remember it)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cousins
England
Finedon
Northamptonshire
flag msg tools
Thank you very much, I was thinking of adapting some of the units and maps for use in the original Ambush. I only got hold of Shell Shock because it was included with a load of Ambush modules, the same bundle also included Battle Hymn.

There is a rules database at http://www.aboardgamesdatabase.com/gamerules.mv

but it is rather limited when it comes to wargames from the classic (SPI/Avalon Hill et al) era.

Given that is rather unlikely that many of these games will ever be reprinted, or at least not in their previous incarnation, it would be ideal if the manufacturers would allow some database of the missing 'resources' or provide them themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.