Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Palmer
United States
Fenton
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking for someone at GenCon who was fortunate enough to get a copy of this who would be willing to play a game or two with me so that I can learn the game before the tourney. I know the rules have been posted for a little while but I'm more of an audio visual learner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Martins
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
orange_rhino wrote:
I'm looking for someone at GenCon who was fortunate enough to get a copy of this who would be willing to play a game or two with me so that I can learn the game before the tourney. I know the rules have been posted for a little while but I'm more of an audio visual learner.

Have you demoed it a few times? You could always tell them you're in the tournament and would like a more in-depth demo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on the demo video that's been posted, and listening to the other demoer in the background, the demo is scripted. Attending it more than once will not be beneficial.

I was kind of laughing to myself while watching it, because the demo guys are going to have to run the same scenario over and over and over...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Martins
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
Based on the demo video that's been posted, and listening to the other demoer in the background, the demo is scripted. Attending it more than once will not be beneficial.

I was kind of laughing to myself while watching it, because the demo guys are going to have to run the same scenario over and over and over...

Yeah... that's why I said, "You can ask for a more in-depth demo."

As in, one of the demoers might feel bad for him because he's a tournament player and they might actually play a real game with him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The demo is partially scripted. You start out mid game and the demo person walks each player through 1 turn. Then they turn you loose, but you are both just a couple away from 7 agenda points so one person wins pretty quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.