Popular Tags: [View All]
Garrett
United States
Laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the major complaints I hear from pro-cooperative players is that they won't have anybody to play the game with. So for you pvp fans, who do you play with it? Is it a couple of your mates? Do you meet strangers online? Do you spend a lot of time at your local game store? Do you depend on tournaments to find an opponent? I'm interested to hear what you all have to say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erathor Erathor
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I won't buy this game, since I only play solo games. Well I will keep digging into LoTR LCG, I guess...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Your wife.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel.
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
mbmbmbmbmb
Budgernaut wrote:
One of the major complaints I hear from pro-cooperative players is that they won't have anybody to play the game with. So for you pvp fans, who do you play with it? Is it a couple of your mates? Do you meet strangers online? Do you spend a lot of time at your local game store? Do you depend on tournaments to find an opponent? I'm interested to hear what you all have to say.

We have a weekly get together of friends, usually every Saturday. Usually like 3-4 of us, sometimes more.

It won't be that difficult to find players for this game though. Especially with programs like Lackey and the others where we can play card games online. That, plus tournaments at game stores, etc plus the fact that it's Star Wars will get many people playing and connected wherever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think in the US and major cities in many countries it won't he hard to find players, but I find there isn't really much room for anything but Magic in the competitive card game scene.

Building your own decks for others to use in co-op can be fun, but building your own decks for others to use in a competitive is not fun at all except for learning games.

Then again the deck building in this sounds very limited which is the part I like the most about LOTR, so perhaps it doesn't really matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CPBelt
United States
Fern Park
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My son. We've been playing CCGs/LCGs since our first SWCCG starter in 2000.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.