Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Canada » Ontario

Subject: Ottawa - Game of Thrones rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Davey Crocket
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
Hey all,

I'm wondering if there are people out there who play (or would like to play) the Game of Thrones board game.

Most of my friends are from back home, so I only get a chance to play when they are visiting me. I'd like to aim for 5 to 6 players if possible, my girlfriend would probably be more than happy to play with us if we need her. She might prefer a second girl to play with us but it isn't really necessary.

Also, we could probably give this a shot at the new Cafe "Monopolatte". I'd love to support them and help give him some business. He opens next week I believe.

Thanks for reading, and i'd just like to say i'm also open to playing just about any other board game, I prefer strategy games, but anything is ok really.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
There are a few people that play the Game of Thrones card game at the Westboro Legion every other Wednesday. I am sure if you post on their thread you could join (Next meeting Wed 22nd)

There are a few girls that come out to Westboro. And your girlfriend can join any group if she does not want to play Game of Thrones. If she would like to play with other girls I am sure we can arrange it. I normally play with Dominique and we are always open to others joining in.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a big fan of AGOT:TBG. Feel free to ping me if you are close to setting something up.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davey Crocket
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
ExtraPeaty wrote:
There are a few people that play the Game of Thrones card game at the Westboro Legion every other Wednesday. I am sure if you post on their thread you could join (Next meeting Wed 22nd)

There are a few girls that come out to Westboro. And your girlfriend can join any group if she does not want to play Game of Thrones. If she would like to play with other girls I am sure we can arrange it. I normally play with Dominique and we are always open to others joining in.


I'm not sure how the card game works, do you have to buy your own decks to play with other people? Or is it just one main game?

lajaro wrote:
I'm a big fan of AGOT:TBG. Feel free to ping me if you are close to setting something up.


Awesome! Do you know of anyone else who might be interested?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ironhorse wrote:

lajaro wrote:
I'm a big fan of AGOT:TBG. Feel free to ping me if you are close to setting something up.


Awesome! Do you know of anyone else who might be interested?


Possibly one or two others from the weekly groups. I'm sure they'll chime in if they are.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Sims
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
I've seen it a couple of times on Monday nights at the Royal Oak on Bank Street, too - the details are on Meetup.com:
http://www.meetup.com/ottawa-geek-social-club/

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brant
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As lajaro said, there are lots of aGoT:tBG fans at the weekly meetups. You won't have problems finding enough people to play a full game. I'll play if you're playing it at the thursday Kanata meet.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.