Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Driver 8
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious if there's any difference between buying the newest printing, or trading for a previous printing. Thanks!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Silverthorn
United States
Leesburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Errata have been corrected on cards in the latest printing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All of the printings have different, unique production flaws. Collect them all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erathor Erathor
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
laughLOL David desJardins, you are right! Should collect them all with those flaws!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question OP. I'm about to order a copy and would like to know if most major flaws (missing components, erratas on cards, warping tiles, humidity in the box) have been corrected/adressed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a brief summary as I know it. Note this information is straight from my memory from reading all the threads. None of this info is from WK itself.

Errata on cards was fixed in 2nd printing.
3 incorrect white enemy tokens was fixed half way through 1st printing (but replacement stickers were included in the box)
New rulebook came out for 2nd printing and hasnt changed in 3rd printing.

Missing components is something that can never be truly 'fixed', although I think there was less of them as time goes on. However, if you buy a copy of the 92nd printing, there may still be a missing piece.

Warping tiles. A few people had this, I didn't. Various theories abound of humidity in the box. Not sure if that was 'fixed', but I've seen less posts about it.

2nd printing had some pieces punched 'upside down'. i.e: cardboard counters have a top and bottom, and some were done the wrong way, but I think it was quite hard to tell.

Cards and tiles printed off centre is something that a few people have reported recently. This is a pet hate of mine, but I think WK have been replacing them whenever this issue was reported to them.

So, in summary, I dont think you will find any 1st edition copies out there, but I would go with 3rd printing if you get chance. 2nd printing you will have the issue with some of the counters being upside down, but I'm not sure how you can tell the difference between 2nd and 3rd printing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plei Forejoy
Singapore
flag msg tools
This space for rent!
badge
Painting all these miniatures is starting to crimp my time...
mbmbmbmbmb
Do Wizkids replace the counters that were printed 'upside-down'?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Stout
United States
Pasadena
CA - California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jebbie wrote:

Just wanted to repeat this question. I've also heard that 3rd edition has thicker cards than 2nd edition, which I wouldn't care about, except that I hear Lost Legion will have the same thickness as 3rd edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plei Forejoy
Singapore
flag msg tools
This space for rent!
badge
Painting all these miniatures is starting to crimp my time...
mbmbmbmbmb
dragonstout wrote:
Jebbie wrote:

Just wanted to repeat this question. I've also heard that 3rd edition has thicker cards than 2nd edition, which I wouldn't care about, except that I hear Lost Legion will have the same thickness as 3rd edition?
I contacted Wizkids with my question during the release of the 3rd printing. They said that their replacement stocks at that time suffered the same issues ('upside-down' orcs). I do not have any idea if their replacement stocks have been replaced. Does the 3rd print have 'upside-down' counters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.