Joshua Harris
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SCENE:
Scenario 10. 6 survivors alive. Two objectives left. A handful of Zombies on the board. Looking like a pretty easy win... Until Amy hit yellow level, and then opened the door on a four zone building. Here is what it looked like a few turns later...

Interesting final turns though. Nick (our lone survivor at this point) was standing by this door with only a crowbar. He had a few turns until the building would fill back up with the hordes that were funneling into the building. (Having been slowed down while eating his friends!) He searched all three turns, hoping for a weapon, and/or the spawn point right outside the door to remain empty (with an extra activation or manhole cover spawn) He drew "Cans of food" three turns in a row!

The photo was his final turn. If he had killed two of the ones in his space, he would have leveled to orange, gained the "slippery" ability, and been able to crack the door and leave the room! He then would have had a chance to survive (with his toughness to fend off one wound) out in the street. His next turn, he could have "slippery"-ed right through the hordes, grabbed the final objective, and claimed VICTORY from the jaws of defeat!(Or would that be the jaws of de-zombies?)

As it was, he missed all his attack rolls, gained zero XP, and was promptly devoured for his efforts.

What a difference a few lucky draws or die rolls would have made...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Melbourne
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He searched all three turns? Can he do that? I thought it was one search per survivor per turn... Except Ned with a free search.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great picture, can't be more thematic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Harris
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
goalie4hire wrote:
He searched all three turns? Can he do that? I thought it was one search per survivor per turn...

One search per turn. The zombies activated in between each search. (There were no zombies in the building yet when he got to this point, Every spawn when we opened the building were runners or manhole covers, so the building emptied right away as the runners ran outside. We killed them all off with other survivors, Nick ran in and grabbed the objective, and stepped to the door to wait for the team to gather...that never happened!) he had two runners catch up to him, but he took them out and was able to search each turn, and throw away his remaining actions, since he didn't want to open the door without a clear outside path, or the slippery ability. He ran out of time as the horde filled the rooms!

goalie4hire wrote:
Except Ned with a free search.

Ned can still only search once per turn! He just can do it without using up an action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
goalie4hire wrote:
I thought it was one search per survivor per turn... Except Ned with a free search.

Ned is no exception, he still can only perform a single Search per turn, only thing is that he still has 3 normal actions left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Ferrer
United States
Pittsford
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goalie4hire wrote:
He searched all three turns? Can he do that? I thought it was one search per survivor per turn... Except Ned with a free search.
You can only search once a turn, including Ned. His free search ability just allows him to search without spending an action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Melbourne
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see, I read it wrong... I thought you meant he searched for all three actions (which my son and I made the mistake of doing before realizing we couldn't).

We played this scenario last night, and we almost had a positive outcome. Doing fine until we hit yellow, then orange. It all came down to the last building. I had 2 survivors left, both with Slippery, so I rushed to break down the door to get in and grab the last objective with my other survivor... First room, two walkers, second room...... Activate all Fatties! Both of my survivors instantly became meat and we lost yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Harris
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a shot of the previous turn.

And here is his player board at that time. Right before the zombies finally caught up to him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Melbourne
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Loophole Master wrote:
goalie4hire wrote:
I thought it was one search per survivor per turn... Except Ned with a free search.

Ned is no exception, he still can only perform a single Search per turn, only thing is that he still has 3 normal actions left.

And I read that one wrong as well. I thought he had one free search, then could still use an action to search.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cornbread46 wrote:
SCENE:
Scenario 10. 6 survivors alive. Two objectives left. A handful of Zombies on the board. Looking like a pretty easy win... Until Amy hit yellow level, and then opened the door on a four zone building. Here is what it looked like a few turns later...

Oh. My. Glob. That is so friggin EPIC!!!

Where's my copy of this game?!?

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the game really come with that many figs?

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
Does the game really come with that many figs?

-shnar

That seems about right for the amount in the base box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How does this feel compared to Zombies. My wife loves that game, but it took way too long for the game that it was. This looks to be a little more interesting and I love the idea of being overrun by zombies on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Harris
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is one set only. ( I do have two full sets, this was only one though, but it did have the extra zombies from one abomination pack.) you can see a big pile in the background that weren't even on the board yet, plus the rest of them on the board just out of the picture!

As far as comparing to other zombie games...this is pretty awesome. It's as easy as zombies! to explain and setup, but has more strategy and tactical choices to make. It's quicker and less involved than LNOE, so I think it will hit the table more. Plus it's got HORDES of undead, and killing them is easy, but there are SO MANY! I think my biggest complaint of LNOE, is that there is never that overwhelming horde of zombies. It works for balance since one side plays the Z's and killing them is harder, but seeing massive walls of dead flesh coming after you is just plain AWESOME! ( just look at that photo!)

I'll need to play more before I can comment on length feeling right, but so far it has been pretty perfect. Things ramp up right as you are hitting your stride. It Really feels like you have control of the timing...until you lose it, and then it's a fast scramble! It has never felt like it dragged at any point.

If you like Zombies!....you will LOVE Zombicide! It's better in every way, without jumping into the complexity of the other types of Zombie game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Harris
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, Nick was being played by my teenage daughter, who is not the biggest gamer in the world, and she asked if she can run the game at our next local con. If it can impress a moody teenager with its fun and easy rule set...how could you go wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Ball
United States
Chelsea
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
goalie4hire wrote:
We played this scenario last night, and we almost had a positive outcome. Doing fine until we hit yellow, then orange. It all came down to the last building. I had 2 survivors left, both with Slippery, so I rushed to break down the door to get in and grab the last objective with my other survivor... First room, two walkers, second room...... Activate all Fatties! Both of my survivors instantly became meat and we lost yuk

The rules don't really say (that I see) but I would assume that when drawing for rooms since you are only affecting a single room that extra activation and manhole cards would just result in an empty room. Extra activation at spawn points seems more than evil enough without carrying it over into rooms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Manhole and Extra Activation cards WOULD result in an empty room, but they would also result in zombies moving and spawning from manholes all over the rest of the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Ball
United States
Chelsea
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Loophole Master wrote:
Manhole and Extra Activation cards WOULD result in an empty room, but they would also result in zombies moving and spawning from manholes all over the rest of the board.

Yeah, I saw another post linking to the designers stating this. Damn that's evil.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.