Vasco Conceição
msg tools
Hi,

I just bought today 2 expansions, one for me another for a friend and we can barely wait for them...

Can anyone please tell me the cards streghts and bonuses? I'm so excited..........

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasco Conceição
msg tools
Sorry for my English, to much excitement!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also want to know that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick Billings
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just going to put this out there one last time. This is a Print-on-demand expansion. It's a deck of cards, that's it.

I understand people's curiosity about the set. However, due to the nature of the product, once you know what's in the set, you don't need to buy the set, and that hurts the company producing it.

It's really disappointing to see people calling for spoilers, in my opinion. I hope that people don't go there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Power
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect that anyone who would copy/proxy the expansion will not be deterred by lack of discussion on BGG. Further, it makes it difficult to discuss the actual merits/flaws of the product.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remus Blue
Australia
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm sure plenty of people just want to know what's in the set and still intend on buying it.

It's stupid to hope there will be no discussion whatsoever about the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick Billings
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I say this as someone who was asked through Private Messaging if I would go to the time and effort to make high resolution scans of the set I got back in May so that they could print it out for themselves.

I'm sure the majority of the player base is honorable, but I also know for a fact that there are dishonest people out there and that this is what they want.

I look at the contents of the set as a pure piece of intellectual property, since there's no specialized components. People who download movies don't buy the DVD, people who download the MP3 don't buy the CD, and if the text of a book is available online, you don't need to buy it.

Likewise, to make an informed purchasing decision by a consumer, you don't need to know every plot twist and line of dialogue in a film. You get a thirty second sample of most songs on iTunes, not the whole thing. And you can download a sample chapter of Kindle books.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, then - you could publish only a single house cards set, or perhaps 1 or 2 cards of each house.
Even the set-up rules... just to get a feel for the expansion.

Uploading scans of the entire expansion is too much, I agree, but a small portion of it, at least, should be ok.
In any case, mine's on the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Banks
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Grimwalker wrote:
I say this as someone who was asked through Private Messaging if I would go to the time and effort to make high resolution scans of the set I got back in May so that they could print it out for themselves.

I'm sure the majority of the player base is honorable, but I also know for a fact that there are dishonest people out there and that this is what they want.

I look at the contents of the set as a pure piece of intellectual property, since there's no specialized components. People who download movies don't buy the DVD, people who download the MP3 don't buy the CD, and if the text of a book is available online, you don't need to buy it.

Likewise, to make an informed purchasing decision by a consumer, you don't need to know every plot twist and line of dialogue in a film. You get a thirty second sample of most songs on iTunes, not the whole thing. And you can download a sample chapter of Kindle books.

I understand your reasoning, and while I think that DVDs or music aren't the best comparison to a small board game release like this, I respect your decision - you clearly feel strongly about FFGs rights to the property and how thats used (or misused), I get that.

However as you said, you get previews on itunes or kindle. I wondered if you or anyone else who feels comfortable could give us a few example cards? You wouldn't even have to scan them - the new art is after all one of the biggest draws to these things - but simply type out a few of the card strengths and effects. Whether thats 2 cards or 20 is up to you, I don't expect to see the full set before I get it myself (mines been ordered already). Just a taster for those of us who are very excited about this release

Thanks for your initial preview btw, it was much appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dypaca
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've bought all of FFG's print on demand expansions for Death Angel, but I never bought any of them until after people had posted material revealing everything on the cards. (An exception may be mission pack 1, where I'm not sure I'd seen all the early locations).

I realize the higher price and popularity of PBF games make it more likely for people to use this without paying, but I don't think it's unreasonable to want to know what you are getting before you buy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin moore
Canada
flag msg tools
i got all the information and i still bought the expansion. jeez. all that google searching could have been avoided if someone just gave me a couple details.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasco Conceição
msg tools

Well, if anyone has enough good will and/or patient please drop me a PM or simply post the details in this thread.

Thanks,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L. Laszlo
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
BTW is there any westeros phase in the first round of this version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Hortness
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that the product has finally been released I think the likelihood of people using long-term proxies will go down dramatically. I mean AGoT is a beautiful game, who wants to muck it up with proxies?

Eventually the cat will be out of the bag regarding ADWD. People will make aid sheets, will want to talk strategies, effects, etc.

Personally, I am happy to wait for my cards to arrive though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasco Conceição
msg tools
ND3G wrote:
Now that the product has finally been released I think the likelihood of people using long-term proxies will go down dramatically. I mean AGoT is a beautiful game, who wants to muck it up with proxies?

Eventually the cat will be out of the bag regarding ADWD. People will make aid sheets, will want to talk strategies, effects, etc.

Personally, I am happy to wait for my cards to arrive though.

well... that is why I would simply love the know the cards already

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.