Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexis Perez
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone received their copy yet? I tried to post this in another thread that got derailed a bit.

I'm looking at other US residents to see if anyone has this yet or has picked up their copy from the local store. Just king of seeing where the thing is in the process.

Super excited to get my hands on this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan C
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."
mbmbmbmbmb
Not yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United States
Christiansburg
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Play more Inis
mbmbmbmbmb
alxamp21 wrote:
Just king of seeing where the thing is in the process.

If the two recent large threads are any indication then they're probably being loaded into a giant cannon to be shot in the general direction of backers. I wouldn't expect much more organization than that. Who knows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Harlan
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
We have a peanut butter cookie problem!
badge
Bert, what utter nonsense!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered mine from Cool Stuff Inc. in Florida. I assume they'll send it out as soon as they get it in, so I guess they don't have it yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DuckOfDeath V
United States
Hillsboro
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got an email with tracking info for the shipment to my pick-up FLGS.

Scheduled Delivery Updated To:
Tuesday, 08/21/2012, By End of Day

cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dawson
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elocution Safari wrote:
Ordered mine from Cool Stuff Inc. in Florida. I assume they'll send it out as soon as they get it in, so I guess they don't have it yet.

I have a Preorder with them, as well. I think the last time I saw a list of dates, they said next week was when the games would go to distributors, so I assume that's when they'll get them and ship them to us.

I also think we're supposed to get the little geek expansion with it, but I haven't seen any confirmation of that in a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyle Williams
United States
Tonganoxie
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing yet!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me go check the mail box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
darthnice wrote:

Nope. Nothing yet. I'll update you again tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dawson_osu wrote:
Elocution Safari wrote:

I have a Preorder with them, as well. I think the last time I saw a list of dates, they said next week was when the games would go to distributors, so I assume that's when they'll get them and ship them to us.

I also think we're supposed to get the little geek expansion with it, but I haven't seen any confirmation of that in a while.

The time tables always mention backers so I assume that's the KS ones. I don't think the non-KS orders are even being factored in yet.

aying wrote:

Week of August 5

- Ship to GenCon for backer pickup (DONE!)
- Ship to game stores in America for backer pickup (STARTED)
- Ship Rubble for Americas (DELAYED)
- Ship to backers in Americas (DELAYED)

Week of August 12

- Ship to game stores in America for backer pickup
- Ship Rubble for Americas
- Ship to backers in Americas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dawson
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Week of August 19
- Ship to all distributors
- Ship rewards packs to Asia (tentative)

That's where I'm getting next week from, should be that same post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Switalski
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gator Games in San Mateo (CA) has just received their shipment... Picking up my copy tonight!!! devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobtina O'Riely
msg tools
mbmb
Neverfade wrote:
alxamp21 wrote:
Just king of seeing where the thing is in the process.

If the two recent large threads are any indication then they're probably being loaded into a giant cannon to be shot in the general direction of backers. I wouldn't expect much more organization than that. Who knows.

The games are being launched to us a la the garbage trebuchets in Infinite Jest

arthur09 wrote:
Gator Games in San Mateo (CA) has just received their shipment... Picking up my copy tonight!!!

Alright people. Arthur Switalski has a confirmed shipment of the goods. We have a name and a location. I want three squads in position moving in hard and fast for extraction of the target. We cannot afford lose this guy, people! Move out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Len
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Your so-called kung-fu... is really... quite pathetic" - Pai Mei
mbmbmbmbmb
darthnice wrote:
darthnice wrote:

Darn soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Pilnick
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My local store (Game Kastle in Santa Clara, CA) called me around lunch time to let me know my copy is ready for pickup so I'll have mine in hand in a couple hours. Unfortunately, I'm immediately leaving for a camping trip so I won't be able to crack it open just yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Robinson
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Annoyingly I chose to have mine delivered to my house and now I see my game store has their copies in Los Angeles. I thought itd be easier and faster to get it delivered to my front door. Sigh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Minkoff
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
Dum, Dum, Dum dum dum, Dum!
badge
"Money isn't everything, but it's a tie-breaker in Power Grid!"
mbmbmbmbmb
trilamb wrote:
Annoyingly I chose to have mine delivered to my house and now I see my game store has their copies in Los Angeles. I thought itd be easier and faster to get it delivered to my front door. Sigh.

Yeah, this would be an "epic fail" on their part. Didn't we pay extra for home delivery? It's been so long that I've forgotten... soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wakefield Morys-Carter
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Macabee wrote:
Yeah, this would be an "epic fail" on their part. Didn't we pay extra for home delivery? It's been so long that I've forgotten... soblue

The $5 extra for home delivery was because a store shipment can include copies for several backers in the area, as well as copies for the retailer themselves. There was no suggestion that the home shipments would happen before the store shipments. An "epic fail" would be if a store with no backers got their copies before the home delivery backers had received their's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
trilamb wrote:

If store copies are there for the general population, I find it interesting I have yet to hear from CSI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LSMB wrote:
darthnice wrote:
darthnice wrote:

Darn soblue
Our mail shows up on Saturdays around 11:30. I have some errands to run. I'll keep you apprised of the situation when I get back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darthnice wrote:
LSMB wrote:
darthnice wrote:
darthnice wrote:

Darn soblue
Our mail shows up on Saturdays around 11:30. I have some errands to run. I'll keep you apprised of the situation when I get back.
Perhaps the mailman did not want to carry it through the rain. No joy today. I doubt it will get delivered on a Sunday do I probably won't check tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darthnice wrote:
darthnice wrote:
LSMB wrote:
darthnice wrote:
darthnice wrote:

Darn soblue
Perhaps the mailman did not want to carry it through the rain. No joy today. I doubt it will get delivered on a Sunday do I probably won't check tomorrow.
In case you were wondering, the mailman did not make a special trip to make a Sunday delivery. There is always tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:
trilamb wrote:

If store copies are there for the general population, I find it interesting I have yet to hear from CSI.

The store copies are *supposed to* be for KS supporters who are having the game delivered to a participating FLGS. That is to say, these are not people who ordered from the store itself, but people who ordered the game and are picking their copies up at a store.

Of course, the implication is that copies of the game for non-KS purchasers were bundled in with those boxes, so non-KS supporters will probably end up walking into stores and buying copies of the GtR before people (like you and I) who paid for home delivery receive our copies.

Yes, we receive our KS extras, and that's nice, and yes, it's "only" another week (or whatever it ends up being), and yes it's just another drop in the bucket of poor management this project has seen.

When I told the folks in my game group a few weeks ago I thought GtR was shipping I received two laughs of, "I'll believe it when I see it", one blank stare (from a person who didn't remember ordering it and, I believe, doesn't want to pony up the dough any more) and a sort of noncommittal, "that's nice" from the fourth person who, in my opinion, would probably rather the game had never shipped at all, as I fronted the money for our five-pack and now they're going to end up paying me and taking a copy home with them.

So it goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Perretto
Brazil
Curitiba
Parana
flag msg tools
Thinking about my next move.
badge
So, if my only options are these, then I shall...
mbmbmbmbmb
ohbalto wrote:
When I told the folks in my game group a few weeks ago I thought GtR was shipping I received two laughs of, "I'll believe it when I see it"

Hehe. I have a friend that KS the Black Box, and I also laugh when we talk about it! Though I'm not a backer, I have interest on it, since I will take the expasion cards for the old version - old version that he sold to me and that I keep playing and reminding him: "Hey, I played GtR today!". He just sighs.

Regards,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cowling
Canada
Salmon Arm
BC
flag msg tools
badge
I think I'm in the headspace to convert some of my library into food and gas.
mbmbmbmbmb
I had originally asked for it to be shipped to my FLGS in Vancouver, BC. Then I moved to the Interior of BC, so I asked them to send it to me at home.

Naturally, I've just this past week signed the lease to open my own FLGS, and could have had it shipped there.

Regardless, no sign of it. ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.