Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: custom [+] missions [+] [View All]
Ted Elrick
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is my first custom scenario for Zombicide. I really like mashing up different games and when my buddy thought it would be cool to have a big house filled with zombies and put all the tiles together to make one, it immediately made me think of Flash Point: Fire Rescue. To that end, I present...

Zombicide General Hospital

"Our group recently came upon some bad luck. The pregnant teenager was too close to popping and the boy just broke his ankle. We were in bad shape, but we heard rumors of a hospital on the outside of town that had successfully locked up it's entryways and was caring for it's residents even after the city fell to the hoard. After a couple days, we made it and the sniper keeping watch let us in. They saved us.

There were only 2 rules. Everyone keeps quiet to keep the zombies away and everyone who is able must go out for supplies. 2 days after arriving, my group splits up. Half go into the city to find food and the other half head to the gas station to get fuel for the 2 still-working ambulances.

A half hour after leaving, we hear one of the ambulance's sirens go off. My heart drops. Probably one of my group. There will be hell to pay. First we have to deal with the zombies. We rush back to the hospital, but it's too late. Through the windows, we can see the shambling hoard moving through the rooms. The sick and injured are most likely hiding in the closets and under the beds. The hospital is lost and more zombies will be coming. We need to get as many people in the ambulances as possible and get the hell out of here."

Setup

Follow the setup in the image above. 4 spawning points, 6 doors to the main building and 1 door for each of the nearby shacks. The survivors need to start in 2 evenly distributed groups on the left and right sides of the map. Here's where the Flash Point stuff comes into play. Take the POI tokens and randomly put them throughout the hospital. Leave the outermost 4 rooms in the center 2 tiles empty as seen in the image. These are the survivors that are hiding and must be saved. They must be moved to the ambulances waiting outside. Take 2 of the 3 ambulances from Flash Point and put them in the spaces denoted in the setup image.

I particularly like how the map pretty much makes a cross :)

Special Rules

- The POIs are hiding and are not attacked by the zombies until they are revealed by the survivors.

- When moving into the same zone as a POI, flip it over and remove it if it's blank.

- When moving with a patient, you must spend an additional action. Wanda's special ability is ignored when moving with a patient, but Amy's still applies as an extra action. If you're in a zone with a patient and a zombie, this would require 3 actions to move both the survivor and the patient out of the zone, 4 actions for 2 zombies and a patient and so on. Patients can be left alone in a zone.

- Patients must enter the ambulances and they can only enter if there isn't a zombie on the zone. This is a free action. They'll keep quiet and wait in the locked ambulance for you.

- Ambulances must stay put until all patients are clear. If I'm a survivor helping out patients, I'd want that thing to be there when I come back with a patient, especially with all the zombies walking around. This may change depending on my playtesting. I think driving the ambulances around would make zombie killing too easy and make picking up patients too easy, but we'll see, this may change.

- Zombies move in a general direction. Don't spend all that time figuring out the shortest path through the hospital, just move them in the general direction of the noisiest space unless they can see a survivor. In that case, follow the normal rules.

- Zombies don't reproduce when splitting up. This bugs me from the official rules and I'm officially making it a special rule for the scenario especially cause this one's pretty darn difficult. Try to split up the zombies if there's 2 paths to their goal, but don't add any extra zombies when splittling them up.

- Patients count as survivors for calculating noise and determining ranged/driving targets unless they're safely waiting in an ambulance. So if you're in the same zone with a patient and zombies, don't use a ranged weapon unless you're comfortable losing the patient first.

- 1 wound from a zombie will kill a patient and turn it into a walker.

- 1 wound from a survivor simply kills a patient, but they don't turn into a walker.

- 7 patients must make it to the ambulances to win and the ambulances must each drive to the exit.

Updates

This is very much a work in progress and I'd love some feedback. Hopefully we can hone this into a tense and enjoyable scenario without too many patients being turned into zombies.

I was really hoping to get a nice fire started in this scenario with the fire tokens and possibly the dice from Flash Point, but it probably would have made this scenario too unwieldy. Maybe I'll have to leave that for another scenario...

Naturally, if you don't have flash point, you can substitute other tokens for the POIs and you could use the police cars as proxies for the ambulances, so definitely don't feel like you need Flash Point to play this. If you DO play with a substitute for the POIs, it's 12 patients and 6 blanks.

Here is a game in progress with all the zombies filing out of the hospital after the noisy group on the right side of the map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ad
Lithuania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't give you any advices/critic/opinions from the rules/gameplay side, because, I haven't tried the game yet, but I think it's very good idea, it sounds interesting.
I will definitely try this out when I get the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ Kucera
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
static
badge
static
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, nice. This sounds fantastic. We'll give it a try when we have time and get back to you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Ennis
United States
Roxbury
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I was just working out something similar to this, when I stumbled on your post. I'm making an 8 tile building with 1 door at the opposite end from the player start area. The goal will be to finish a turn with no zombies in the building (making it a safehouse. There will be spawn points around to slow you from opening the door, including at least one near the entrance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Bertoniere
United States
Durham
NC - North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How did this work out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.