Popular Tags: [View All]
Dwayne Westerhausen
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My TAL arrived today. This is my first war game that I have ever purchased and will have played. I have read the rules off the DVG web site now a couple times so I think I am ready to play my first game. I might have some questions as I play. Also after reading the rules I think this game is going to be great and the reason I purchased.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck! I got thrashed pretty badly during my first couple of plays, but I think I have a better idea of strategy and tactics, now. So don't be surprised if you lose initially; you'll get better!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent M
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Best of luck to you. I just received my copy yesterday, hope to play it sometime this weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Severn
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome game it took me six tries to beat the "introductory" Iraq 1991 campaign...so be patient...SOs SOs SOs are so important

Bill
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Verssen
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Thank you for giving our games a try!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Westerhausen
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone. I was gone over the weekend but last night when I returned home I was able to open the game and push out the counters, etc. I am very impressed and happy with the quality of the parts and game overall. Nicely done!! Tonight I should be able to start Mission #1 for Iraq 1991 - Surge!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Westerhausen
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played my first mission last night of TAL. It was the Iraq 1991/Surge. I used a Harrier and an AH64 on Battalion 3A. Everything was going fine until the very end of the mission. There were only 3 enemy units left on the board worth 3 points total. I needed one more point to destroy the battalion. My Apache had no damage and my Harrier had some major damage. I was in line to attack two of the units with my Apache. I choose to fly my Harrier off the board to get it to safety figuring my Apache would get me the point I needed. I picked a popup marker out of the cup and it was a Chopper! Trouble! So I rolled to place the chopper. Rolled a 9 so it put the chopper in the same Hex as my Apache! Double Trouble! The Chopper attacks me first since I am slow. I draw 3 red counters and major trouble happens! Wounded and CAN'T ATTACK. Since I can't attack anymore I fly off the board as quickly as possible. By not getting that point I only destroyed half the battalion. I draw an end of Mission card and get lucky, it tells me I can pay 3 SO's and destroy any Battalion. I choose a 6VP battalion to destroy so I have 1.5 battalion destroyed (7 VPs) after my first mission. Loving this game but it can turn on you in a hurry!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.