Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Blood [+] Bowl: [+] [View All]
B C
United Kingdom
Lymm
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi I recently signed up and paid for NAF membership (http://thenaf.net/) on 14 August 2012 but I am still awaiting an activation code for the account.

I emailed nafmembership@hotmail.co.uk, thenafchampionship@gmail.com and nafcash@gmail.com on 15 August 2012 to chase the code but have received no response. The paypal transaction is complete and I have a transaction ID.

I know a few BBG'ers are members of NAF and wondered whether they could shed any light or suggest what to do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am still waiting for more than a year now. Sorry to say but they probably took your money as they took mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ahern
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd suggest posting on www.talkfantasyfootball.org. It's a very active forum of Blood Bowl players and I know the NAF officials frequent it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dashiell Pinar
France
Barnave
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i don't think the naf just take your money, they aren't thieves !

the naf is the only one compagny approved by GW to produce official BB dice and they manage all competitions in the world.

i was a naf member for at least 4 years and never had any problems.

if you have no news try contacting them again in a week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

I'd beg to differ. I'd block the funds in paypal if I where you. I was too late myself believing they would act, even after posting on the fantasy football forum. All I can do now is warn others to stay away. You don't need it anyway, no problem playing tournaments without membership.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver
United States
Pompano Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could probably just buy the dice on ebay or some other site for cheaper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C
United Kingdom
Lymm
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to update on this.

I joined talkfantasyfootball and posted in the general chat forum under a thread called "Join NAF". I was advised to PM a user called Lycos who is a member of NAF I did this on Saturday and today my account has now been activated and everything is sorted.

Thanks for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Radcliffe
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OliverOil wrote:
You could probably just buy the dice on ebay or some other site for cheaper.

You obviously haven't looked at the prices NAF dice go for on ebay. I plan on at least part funding my retirement by selling Magic cards and NAF dice one day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Radcliffe
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kwakkie wrote:
Quote:

I'd beg to differ. I'd block the funds in paypal if I where you. I was too late myself believing they would act, even after posting on the fantasy football forum. All I can do now is warn others to stay away. You don't need it anyway, no problem playing tournaments without membership.

The best way to register for NAF is at a tournament. I had problems registering online as well, its disappointing to see it is still an issue.

That said, I heartily recommend persisting with it. Not being a member means that your opponents games won't count towards his or her NAF ranking which is part of the appeal for many people, so while it may not be a problem for you, it is for the community in general.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of my opponents where glad I wasn't ranked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wikiro Trio
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received access right away and the dice 3 weeks later. However being that its run by a small amount of people I would say that's a bummer but not a shock. If you still have the receipt show it to them. Don't let someone step on you man.

Mattresses Boyo Mattresses takes them to it. Or hack the site and burn them what ever boat floats.

-LMK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.