Subject: How does it scale? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tomas Riha
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious, since its listed its as 1-4 how is difficulty scaled?

Is there some mechanism that makes game equally difficult with one character as with four or does it get easier with more characters?

Both LotR the card game and Arkham are much easier with four then with one. Arkham in particular is virtually impossible in pure solo play with one character.

Bad side acting at end of turn after all players generally tends to result in game beeing easier with more players.

So how does this game scale?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yuriy Matuhno
Ukraine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Games scales well:
More players equals more possibilities of spawning and activating enemies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Schoonover
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We made the game playable from 1-4, but the difficulty for different numbers of players will depend on the scenario. For example, #1 is a simple run to the exit. It actually gets harder with more players since it is possible for any player to find the exit. In a four player game the exit might be fairly difficult to reach for one of the players, but someone playing it solo doesn't have to worry about that.

Other scenarios are more of a puzzle, so they will be easier with more players.

Personally, I think it is the most fun with 4 players. That gives you the the best Semi-Coop experience since you have plenty of other players to help or hurt.

I'm very curious to hear about other people's experiences with the game, and how they like to play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.