Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(Note: Translating from german rulebook so I might not use the right terms)

When I´m in base to base contact with a ship, island or shipwreck nothing stops me from issuing one of the five basic orders.

Repair and reaction fire make sense.
The other three orders: hard...errm left, hard right and full speed wouldn´t make much sense since you can´t move when in base to base contact.

But what happens if I give one of these 3 orders and then successfuly escape jeopardy?

I´d say they don´t work because they all happen during or at the end of the movement phase, and escaping jeopardy replaces the movement phase.

Personally I allow that in my games because I like the option of giving a full speed order, escape jeopardy (D3+1 inch + one turn) and then roll 2D6 for the order trying to escape further away in a straight line.

Opinions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your first thoughts are correct - those orders would not accomplish anything if you're in contact with a ship or piece of terrain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.