United States
Yonkers
New York
flag msg tools
\|/
badge
/|\
mbmbmbmbmb
Is anyone else a little disappointed that you need to add and remove bits from the Churchill Tanks? I can completely see those little bits for the mortar getting lost quick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wouldn't the alternative be many, many more tanks? I'd rather have the bits.

I'm more worried about the durability of the pins than losing anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DropDeadCriminal wrote:
Is anyone else a little disappointed that you need to add and remove bits from the Churchill Tanks? I can completely see those little bits for the mortar getting lost quick.

Stay away from Samurai Battles then!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clexton27
United States
Forest
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric Hautemont in a post on the Days of Wonder Forums stated earlier that it was recommended that you glue the petard mortar piece to the tanks when you received them, thus no chance of losing them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rasmussen
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mzungu wrote:
Eric Hautemont in a post on the Days of Wonder Forums stated earlier that it was recommended that you glue the petard mortar piece to the tanks when you received them, thus no chance of losing them.

Actually, glue some of the Petard Mortar to the tanks. You don't need to glue them all on unless you want to, but gluing some of them in place will give you a selection. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Spinello
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
I was more disappointed that so many gun/mortar barrels were bent on arrival. I have been trying for 3 days to straighten them.
I was prepared for the "funnies" pieces, though not sure why I need 12 mortars. I also can't imagine a scenario using all of those cav units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ahrules wrote:
I was more disappointed that so many gun/mortar barrels were bent on arrival. I have been trying for 3 days to straighten them.
I was prepared for the "funnies" pieces, though not sure why I need 12 mortars. I also can't imagine a scenario using all of those cav units.

Yes, the plastic is a bit soft. I would prefer the plastic that was used in the Eastern Front expansion.

I believe there are 12 mortars so that you can afford to lose some.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.