Subject: Some questions after first play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sven Christmas
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. If I'm adjacent to a rampaging enemy do I get attacked or only after I attacked him first?

2. Players can only use 1 mana die per turn or more with special cards?

3. If an enemy has e.g. ice resistance, can I attack him without penality if I attack him with physical and/or fire damage?

4. If I buy cards from the unit, advanced skill and spell offer do they go to the deed deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lanz RafDE
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. You'll only be attacked if you move from one adjacent space to another adjacent space. You get a range attack first, then block his attack and only then do you get to attack.

2. Only 1, more with special cards.

3. Yes.

4. Yes, on top of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Units bought from the Unit offer do not go to your Deed deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Maloof

Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
Units bought from the Unit offer do not go to your Deed deck.

True. Probably the original poster was thinking of Monastery advanced actions, though, which do go on top of your deck and come (somewhat mysteriously) from the unit offer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Christmas
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Units don't go atop the deed deck of course.

1 mana die per player also means no extra dice for units?

There is one more problem with the spells. If I buy a spell at a mage tower I also get a mana token, but this token is depleted at the end of the turn. It makes no sense when I buy a spell as an action to probablay use it for the spell and than only can move in my turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geistwandler wrote:

There is one more problem with the spells. If I buy a spell at a mage tower I also get a mana token, but this token is depleted at the end of the turn. It makes no sense when I buy a spell as an action to probablay use it for the spell and than only can move in my turn.

Units don't use mana dice, only players do.
To buy a spell, you pay 7 influence and one mana token of the same color as the spell. You pay the mana token, you don't get it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Christmas
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I searched for the rule which says that you can't use mana dice for units but didn't find it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph M.
Germany
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The units use mana, as every spell and stronger version of the action cards do.

There are mainly three ways to get mana:
* own a mana crystal and discard it
* own a mana marker and discard it
* use a mana die from the source.Each player can only use one mana die per turn.

Thus, you could use a mana die to power a unit action, but it would still be the one die you are allowed to use per turn.
There are some cards that allow to use a second die or generate mana themselves (mostly artifacts).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilias Sellountos
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geistwandler wrote:
I searched for the rule which says that you can't use mana dice for units but didn't find it...

Did you find one that says you can? Rules do not list all the things that you cannot do, that would take hundreds of pages, they only list the things that you can.

There are only two things you can do with mana dice:
1. Once per turn, you can use a mana die to get a mana token of the same color.
2. Use a card that allows you to use a mana die in any way the card specifies.

That's it. The end. To power units that require mana you need to use mana tokens or mana crystals you already own. You can use your one mana die per turn to get a mana token and then use that mana token on a unit. But you cannot use mana dice on units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geistwandler wrote:

Yes, you may use mana to activate the abilities of certain units. But I was answering your question about "extra dice for units". Units do not entitle you to use extra dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fano Pratchett
United States
flag msg tools
I play this game, and find this stuff really fiddly. One of the things I don't like about the game and its fussy rules. The rule book is hard to read, too

Thanks for the great explanations

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Bulacz
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kring wrote:
I play this game, and find this stuff really fiddly. One of the things I don't like about the game and its fussy rules. The rule book is hard to read, too

Thanks for the great explanations

Don't read the rulebook. Read Walkthrough. Watch some tutorial videos and after you play several First Reconnaissance read the Rulebook.
It will not be hard to read at that time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.