60 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » News

Subject: Next expansion after the Hobbit(1-2)-- The Heirs of Numenor! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter S
msg tools
Next expansion after the Hobbit(1-2) -- The Heirs of Numenor!

the front cover has got Minas Tirith on it!

From the great "Card Lords" Cardboard of the Rings facebook page, taken at their visit to GenCon.

-- www.facebook.com/CardboardOfTheRings!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Howard
United States
Marina del Rey
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
THIS is the expansion I've been waiting for since Day 1.

Consider me excited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cosined
United States
Walpole
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
And so passes all of my money, son of my employment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Salisch
Germany
Pirmasens
Rheinland Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
Check out my youtube channel: Patrick Salisch
mbmbmbmbmb
wow........yes....morelaugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marcusnc
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
my precioussssssssssssssssssssssssssszzzzzzz

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stoopid movie. I loved almost all the visuals, but Minas Tirith's 'prow' was just too even and silly looking. This one is similar, just doesn't look natural. Best Minas Tirith I think I've ever seen?

But yeah, can't wait for the expansion

So no more cycles? Just 'card box' expansions?

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
Might that just be the deluxe expansion intro for the next cycle? It will be in a box like that for sure.

But finally some non-dwarf cards I hope
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boghog
Germany
flag msg tools
So, time to speculate. Which heroes are we going to see?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A tactics hero with 3 attack and 1 willpower!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fran Quinti
Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I vote for Faramir hero, Beregond, a new version of Boromir and maybe a new one of Denethor !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Merry and Pippin, of course!

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How far in the past is this? Echthelion time? I'd love to see a Thorongil hero...

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Coon
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
shnar wrote:
How far in the past is this? Echthelion time? I'd love to see a Thorongil hero...

-shnar

Ooooooohhhhhh Mmmmmmyyyyyyy..... Tactics Aragorn.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ŁṲÎS̈
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
F*** it! Do it LIVE!
badge
Didn't know what to spend all this sweet GG on, so I bought the overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
So this is not a saga expansion?

I'd be more interested in playing that story than the Hobbit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ys jo
msg tools
shnar wrote:

-shnar

Not quite that far.

I think this would be the time period when they were fighting about Osgiliath, Boromir and Faramir breaking the bridge and escape by swimming.

I would personally love to see Cair Andros or Ithilien as the main site of this cycle, time for Faramir, captain of Gondor to show his quality!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oleg volobujev
msg tools
mbmb
monteslu wrote:

Agree with you. I also like other story in the middle earth then story from the books. Cose is already was so many games based on the story so much more interesting play those ffg cycle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Elias
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
shnar wrote:

So no more cycles? Just 'card box' expansions?

No, they also announced that there will be a cycle of packs following this deluxe expansion! It's not a Saga Expansion so I agree that it will be around the time of the attack on Osgiliath and the black riders sneaking across the river... aka the massing that we were warning Gondor about in "Massing at Osgiliath"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NerdgasmGeekgasm!

So thats 2 Saga Expansions and 1 Deluxe Expansion for 2012, but when will the next cycle start?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jakub praibis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
I am most excited about the potential Gondor synergies, something to boost up the already exciting Boromir hero. But I think we shall see the family Faramir (this time a hero) and Boromir (this time a hero again) and Denethor (maybe an ally this time) for the second time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope to see Gondor and even Warrior keywords get some cards. Also more weapon and armor cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jakub praibis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
Me too, not only warrior but also other traits have so far been totally useless, hope that to change soon though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivar Skappel
Norway
Kristiansand
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
narsil0420 wrote:
No, they also announced that there will be a cycle of packs following this deluxe expansion! It's not a Saga Expansion so I agree that it will be around the time of the attack on Osgiliath and the black riders sneaking across the river... aka the massing that we were warning Gondor about in "Massing at Osgiliath"

I'm not 100% sure what your definition of Saga Expansion is, so I'll "cut and paste" from the FFG description on Saga Expansion:
"Saga Expansions for The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game allow players to participate directly in the thrilling narratives laid out by J.R.R. Tolkien in his beloved fiction. Their characters, enemies, and scenarios are drawn directly from his timeless novels. The scenarios in Saga Expansions can be played one at a time, or they can be linked to form a campaign that allows players to relive the greatest and most dramatic story arcs within Middle-earth!"
[Under the product section of The Lord of the Rings - The Card Game)

It doesn't have to be about, it not happening within the original time line of the game, given in the core rulebook? Or does it?
[Rules of Play, page 2, btw].

If they change the time line, to include more stories in the time between The Hobbit and The Fellowship and the Ring, it could very well be this cycle. I hope they do, although I suspect that you and others are right about when this cycle is set.

Looks like a cool expansion, just hope they include plenty of Rohan cards, including the one [hero] card I'm really waiting for; Eomer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the FFG presentation at Gen Con they said that the second Hobbit Saga Box will be released with the movie (=December 2012) and the Gondor Deluxe Expansion 1,5 months later (=January 2013). That means the cycle APs will be released starting in February 2013. But as FFG never managed to stick to their release schedule so far with LotR LCG there is a significant chance everything will be delayed...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
monteslu wrote:

This is a deluxe expansion (like Khazad-Dum), and there will be a cycle following it (like Dwarrowdelf), presumably with 6 APs. This expansion and cycle were announced at Gen-Con 2012 (on Aug. 17).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
ivarpool wrote:

Looks like a cool expansion, just hope they include plenty of Rohan cards, including the one [hero] card I'm really waiting for; Eomer!

The heck with Rohan, they had a good chunk in Core and Shadows of Mirkwood, let them have their own cycle, this one is for Gondor. When we do get a Rohan cycle though I can't wait for Erkenbrand!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.