Ted Kim
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am wondering how the game was revised in the second edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Schindler
United States
St. Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please be aware that this game has been on advanced order status for over 7 years.

Even Ted R. doubts it will be done.

Enter at your own risk.

whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From http://www.criticalhit.com/MIH.html:

Quote:
LATEST NEWS UPDATED MARCH 24, 2014: The long-awaited release of ALL QUIET is here. This is not an advance order, but instead signals an approach that moves away from that process into one that creates > presents > ships on order. And with the new AQ 2014 edition, it seemed high time to breath new life into the MIH line. What better way to do it than to publish a Charles Roberts Award Winning title in a new and enhanced edition.
I ordered in 2003 and my order predates the current ordering system. This could be interesting...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Fletcher
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Just ordered the new ed. from Nobleknight--it is in stock!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Neill
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my 2nd edition copy from Noble Knight games in the mail today!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max
United States
Fuquay Varina
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Reign of Fire
badge
Bombs Away! Mission 9.
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.nobleknight.com/ProductDetailSearch.asp_Q_Product...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Fletcher
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
ust got the new CH edition of the game. Graphically, it is a straight reprint-I think. Pretty nice production values--with some trade-offs: the two maps are now 8 enlarged (11x17) card stock (think Worthington Games maps) that fit together pretty well except in a couple of overlaps. Larger hexes, larger counters of decent thickness, two player aid cards in color, and a rules booklet. Retains original artwork of counters/map--looks nice but not a stunner. The rules are about 16 pages, the rest being historical commentary and 1st/2nd designer notes. Some weird typos in the rules--lots of multi-syllable words separated by misplaced hyphens (like I've sometimes seen in translations of Japanese games--but why in this case I have no idea. Some odd errors pop up, but nothing that leaves you wondering what it means. No box--it comes in a ziplock. I was intrigued because the original game is very highly regarded by many as a playable mini-monster, and when I started pushing pieces around I understood why. The game itself is pretty straightforward--almost surprisingly so. Not much in the way of Terrain effects, simple systems for morale, supply, replacements, movement, and combat. The turns are really impulse based, and starting with the third you roll to see if the turn ends or not. I also like the variable, morale point impact for capturing key cities--roll a die and cross-index on a simple table. Several scenarios and a campaign game are included.

All in all, then, a solid reprint of a classic game that was very hard to find.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Guimarães
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received a 1st edition copy that i bought on Ebay (at least it was not expensive). Is tehre any update in counters or rulebook that makes it worth me buying the 2nd edition? Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris yates
United Kingdom
Hampshire
flag msg tools
Actually the 2nd edition hexes are not larger at all, although the counters are.

The map also has errors on it.

N3823,N3824,N3922,N3933,N3924,N4023,N4024,N4025

should be swamp hexes and not flood plain.

Dunkirk city is on the map but not labelled - N4021 (A) type for morale

Ostend city is on the map but not labelled - N4127 (B) type for morale

pretty shoddy production all round given the time they had to get it right!

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Schubert
United States
Port Republic
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Noble knight is offering the 3rd edition. According to CH's website, the map errata is incorporated into the latest version. Anyone seen this and can report back? I'm kicking around the idea of buying it, despite having been kicked around by CH in the past.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Levandowski
United States
Pittsburg
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the ziplock 1st version. I don't see a compelling reason to spend $70 on an upgrade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.