Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Meyers
United States
West Hills
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The game looks great, but in going over the rules I have some confusion over the procedure for retreat.

Your examples show simultaneous fire per type of combat unit (i.e. infantry first for both players, followed by cavalry etc...)

If the defender rolls a 6 during say, infantry fire must he decide at that point whether a unit will be committed to retreat, before moving on to cavalry fire? Or can he wait until all combat fire is concluded & at the end retreat any portion of the 6's he has previously rolled (that of course have survived)?

In naval combat, i'm assuming that all disabled ships are moved back after a full round of combat (& not at the instant they are disabled).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
grant wylie
United States
va. beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, after each type of unit rolls the decision to retreat for the defender needs to be made. Ships are sent to port after the round the 2 was rolled.

Grant
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Meyers
United States
West Hills
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: combat question clarification
To clarify-
"after each type of unit rolls" means
1. After inf rolls for both sides & two 6's are rolled for the defense, then up to 2 inf units can retreat... Or can be any other combat type?

2. Or after all rolls are made for all combat types, the number of defense 6's rolled are totaled & now retreats are made?

How bout this.... A British ship is disabled so at the end of the round it is returned to the nearest port. The british player wants to go to the region bordering the English channel, but it has a French fleet & control marker. Is the british ship still allowed to dock there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.