Subject: Misaligned paths rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just picked up a copy of this (new) so I presume the latest, recent printing. A number of the tiles when placed do not completely align in terms of the paths. If you look at these tiles it is fairly obvious that the paths on some of the sides are not printed equidistant from the edges of the squares. The misalignment is just over 5mm.

The game is still playable but aesthetically it looks a bit off, which is a shame for a game that otherwise looks so good. Is this a facet of all copies of Tsuro, or have I perhaps got a misprinted set of tiles?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST:                The Crystal Caverns The Fearsome Foes The Mysterious Manor
badge
DV: Anakin Skywalker was weak. I destroyed him.                 AT: Then I will avenge his death.             DV: Revenge is not the Jedi way.         AT: I am no Jedi.
mbmbmbmbmb
The paths should match up when the edges are lined up exactly, so if yours don't they're more than likely misprinted and/or mis-cut.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dypaca
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All of mine are close enough that the paths at least touch each other, but some don't quite line up. The paths are also different widths and have different shading, so I think it is more a stylistic choice than a printing issue.

I have always wondered if there is a board configuration where all the shading and background texture will line up perfectly, but have never taken the time to search for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dypaca wrote:
All of mine are close enough that the paths at least touch each other, but some don't quite line up.

Paths on many of my tiles when positioned next to each other, with the tile edges aligned, come nowhere close to touching each other - maybe half a centimeter out.

I think a couple of photo's and an email to the publisher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray W
msg tools
Hi Gordan : )

Please send a photo of the problem you are experiencing to customerservice@calliopegames.com. We'll do our best to correct the problem. Thanks for playing Tsuro!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pappa Bear wrote:

Please send a photo of the problem you are experiencing to customerservice@calliopegames.com. We'll do our best to correct the problem. Thanks for playing Tsuro!

Have emailed with images - thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray W
msg tools

Thanks for the images. It appears that the sheet of tiles you have went askew during the cutting process. We’ve spot checked a number of other games from the build and we were unable to duplicate the issue. We believe this is an isolated instance. I apologize for the issue and will get replacement tiles sent out to you right away. Thanks for playing Tsuro. Game On!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Appleseed
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Not an isolated issue. I had the same exact issue with my set. Calliope sent me another batch of tiles with the same issue. . . not quite as bad as the first, but still misaligned.

Carcassonne tiles are much smaller but match up perfectly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I should have posted the conclusion to my issue with the tiles. The publisher sent out another set of tiles to me and they are fine. So, good customer service as far as I was concerned.

sorry to hear you alignment problems weren't sorted by the replacements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.