Daniel Hadlock
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking to start adding one of these two lines to my collection, and I am wondering which one.

I have played Descent 2, and do find it enjoyable but I am very drawn to Super Dungeon Explore as well.

Some things I am considering, I have 1 friend already collecting the Descent line so even though it's fun I have access to it until one of us moves. I have lots of little kids, and so I would prefer the one that would be accessible to play first, but I don't want to get bored of it before hand either.

I currently have Descent 1, and HeroQuest, I am considering trading the mini's from Descent 1 to move into SDE and keeping the dungeon tiles to pimp HeroQuest up a bit.

So, for those of you who have played both, are they repetitive, do they both scratch the same gaming itch? Or are they vastly different and I really should just bite the bullet and get them both. Or should I stay away from SDE all together?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
I also purchased this and do not know what to do with it!
badge
I purchased this and do not know what to do with it!
mbmbmbmbmb
Never played Descent, so I'm already ignoring your requests. That said, we have SDE and when we do play it it's a wicked fun, super adorable, and quite lite Dungeon Basher that reminds me of playing Gauntlet in grade school. So you shouldn't stay away from SDE, especially if you have lots of kids, since the game is quite simple but still tactically interesting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought Super Dungeon Explore for the minis. The fun gameplay is just icing on the cake!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sevier
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find Super Dungeon Explore to have too little replayability and too little fun for the Consul player. Might be better once some of the expansions come out, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UncleDragon wrote:
I have 1 friend already collecting the Descent line

So Super Dungeon Explore it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.