Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
I assume we must rail or truck/wagon/fly SP to each in the turn prior?
Or am I missing something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Grotius
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think so, unless you already have supply sitting there, as I often do. But I'm hardly an expert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
too many fields not enuff HQ or range to throw.
I'm reviewing rules.
i.e. in Kursk now, with captured airfield & aircraft moved in with 1/2t's where possible but no ability to throw as HQ only links for Trace. The rail line is not cleared and converted to ship goodies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Walton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
An airfield can be considered a ground unit for refit purposes. So it can recieve supply for refit either by direct draw or HQ throw. A few points from your post.
1) Fighters which transfer remain active
2) 1/2t cannot exist. You need to use either 2 aircraft together, (He111 I presume) or fly 1/2 range or less to double the carrying capacity.
3) Air refit occurs before the reinforcement phase, (new supply arrival) so you need to plan air refit 1 turn in advance and have the supply pre-positioned.

Sorry if I am stating those things of which you are already aware
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
thx keith that helps....kursk is screwed..
I did do 2x1/2t air units if i read it right. for 1 t.
but its late..i'm drinking and we reserve right to revise my answer in am.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
武士に二言無し
Italy
Caravaggio near Bergamo near Milano
Europe + Earth + Via Lactea
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Kev,

Unfortunately yes!
That is the only rule I "dislike" in the entire OCS system ... why don't give us a little less supply per turn, instead of burden the burocracy of the game with that procedure too?
In a game like Sicily or Korea or Burma is simple, but try to remember each airfield and airplane you have in Case Blue or DAK!

F.

Edit: "dislike" is too strong ... "I don't love" is better!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Filippo Chiari wrote:
Hi Kev,

Unfortunately yes!
That is the only rule I "dislike" in the entire OCS system ... why don't give us a little less supply per turn, instead of burden the burocracy of the game with that procedure too?
In a game like Sicily or Korea or Burma is simple, but try to remember each airfield and airplane you have in Case Blue or DAK!

F.

Edit: "dislike" is too strong ... "I don't love" is better!

Yep....I'm looking at how I may play this if I go the whole hog and try CB+GBII combined.

I will I think just drop 1 SP from supply and allocate to air.
In Burma it was simple due to mostly off board fields and tight relation to the dumps and fields around Imphal.

I'm still in two minds about the whole Air game the overhead vs the value is hard to justify on a larger scale. ITs fine for these smaller scenarios, even then I find my self, abbreviating the sequences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
I understand the importance.
Trying to assess a way to mitigate the paper work across a few thousand counters, to make play feasible.
I measured if I angle CB * GB just so I can squeak them in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
TankBoy wrote:
Guess this is why we keep hearing about these bigtime games being played by 4 and 5 players. Each player can be responsible for his sections airfield, making it easier to keep track of.

Us Noobs playing solo will just have to find a way to adapt and overcome.

exactly...
That is why I want to explore what makes sense with the RAW, but adpat a few things to make the headaches managable solo.
NO ONE I know in austin plays, and in fact I kind of want to play it solo. I want the take my time, muse about things, change my mind on a move and take it back. I want all the ahhhh haaa moments to my self.

I'd happily play smaller scenarios but I think trying to do a 4-6 man team while great as a bucket list check box, dilutes the magnitude of the game, the EPIC ness of it all.

WE will see maybe I can covert some folks to try OCS again.

Cheers.
P.S.
When you moving?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Walton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Speaking from experience, airbase refit isn't too big a problem once you have set up your infrastructure and the front has stabilised. As an example, on the Case Blue maps, almost all of the Axis bombers will be based at Nikolayev, (off map). Only your fighters will be forward providing cover. similairly, on the GB2 front the Axis will tend to concentrate their bombers on a limited number of bases to mitigate refit costs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.