Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wasn't going to post another game show clip so soon after posting another one, but I'm still in tears.

I never heard of the GS "Letters and Numbers", but half of it involves contestants calling out for random consonants and vowels, then forming the longest word possible.

Randomization can only go so far, though ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Must not have a studio audience, because they would've been a-tittering as soon as the I came out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
Must not have a studio audience, because they would've been a-tittering as soon as the I came out.

No, I think it's because it's a British show. They don't call it a "penis" there, they call it a "banger". Or perhaps I'm mistaken.

More surprising is the related video afterward where the letters spell
Spoiler (click to reveal)
CUNTFLAPS

At least the hostess had a chuckle at that one. Those really CAN'T be an accident; whoever sets up the letters must be doing it on purpose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hiding Tiger
Australia
Parmelia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Grrrrrrrrowf!
badge
Grrrrr aaarrrggghhh
mbmbmbmbmb
Letters & Numbers is an Australian show. There is a British equivalent, it's called Countdown I think.

We know the word penis, but there probably wasn't an audience. This is a low budget ABC production.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cringing Dragon wrote:
Letters & Numbers is an Australian show. There is a British equivalent, it's called Countdown I think.

MY IGNORANCE OF ACCENTS AND OTHER CULTURES HAS BEEN EXPOSED. I MUST RETREAT FROM CHIT CHAT AND FIND A NEW HOME.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hiding Tiger
Australia
Parmelia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Grrrrrrrrowf!
badge
Grrrrr aaarrrggghhh
mbmbmbmbmb
tatoolo wrote:
Cringing Dragon wrote:

MY IGNORANCE OF ACCENTS AND OTHER CULTURES HAS BEEN EXPOSED. I MUST RETREAT FROM CHIT CHAT AND FIND A NEW HOME.
S'OK. You Americans all sound the same to us, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Patterson
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
What were you expecting?
badge
I have overtext 'cause everyone else was doing it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cringing Dragon wrote:
tatoolo wrote:
Cringing Dragon wrote:

I don't take kindly to no Australians tellin' me what and how I sound like. Now get off the property!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kunnagh Scott
England
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TommyP wrote:
Cringing Dragon wrote:
tatoolo wrote:
Cringing Dragon wrote:

I don't take kindly to no Australians tellin' me what and how I sound like. Now get off the property!

I do so love it when the colonies argue. It's SO cute!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
A banger is a sausage but not in Scotland I think its of cockney (arguably working-class Londoners) decent.

Most know from the foodstuff "Bangers and Mash" - Sausages with Mashed potatoes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
I don't play to win - I play for enjoyment and social interaction.
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tatoolo wrote:
More surprising is the related video afterward where the letters spell
Spoiler (click to reveal)
CUNTFLAPS

At least the hostess had a chuckle at that one. Those really CAN'T be an accident; whoever sets up the letters must be doing it on purpose.

From what I read, the portion after the first four letters was a fake; scenes were spliced together to get the desired effect. The first four letters, though, were legit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.