Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am BATMAN!
mbmbmbmbmb
Is anyone else as surprised as me that no big box expansion was either announced or hinted at for this game?

From what I can tell this game has done pretty well for FFG, hence why I am shocked that there was no news

GIVE US MORE FFG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Shrewsbury
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree! This is one of my favorite games. I've played all of the scenarios out and really want to see more! I have the recent print expansion which is cool and all, but come on one with figures and new tiles!!!

Matt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vagelis
Greece
Πειραιάς
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i think the best is to see 20 new figures.i like the idea of enemy cards(cheaper) but i would like to see some extra locust figures(some bosses :-P) new cogs and some tiles and for sure a lot of different missions!!!
how's the sells going for this game?does anyone know?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Love 'em even if a few games get scuttled from time to time.
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Companies rarely discuss sales of games except when they sell extremely well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Reynolds
United States
Vermontville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game has been out for a year now. I think if there were going to be expansions we'd have seen/heard something long ago. FFG isn't a company that lets its games go for months without expansion news and/or releases if their marketing agenda calls for it.

Look at Descent 2.0 - it's been on store shelves for what, a month? They just announced an expansion that we'll probably see released within the next few months.

Sadly, it looks like Gears of War is to remain a single standalone release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike oldham
United States
lake station
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
pkreynolds wrote:

NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vagelis
Greece
Πειραιάς
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pkreynolds wrote:
This game has been out for a year now. I think if there were going to be expansions we'd have seen/heard something long ago. FFG isn't a company that lets its games go for months without expansion news and/or releases if their marketing agenda calls for it.

Look at Descent 2.0 - it's been on store shelves for what, a month? They just announced an expansion that we'll probably see released within the next few months.

this think with descent is amazing....so many expansions!!!!!is it so good?i never play this game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Vierimaa
Finland
Oulu
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you look amount of discussion in GoW MP1 you can see that it hardly indicates massive sales. Probably the boardgame sold something though.

I was told from board game store in Finland that FFG will focus in the future on non-licenced games. Don't know where this originated bu that was what I was told.

I would be surprised if GoW would receive any expansions, but due to lower costs I guess MP2 could be possible. We have of course few fan made scenarios though and nothing prevens making knes owns...except time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom brown
United Kingdom
Stanley
Co. Durham
flag msg tools
CROM THE INVINCIBLE, SAVIOR OF THE GRUNGE MASTERS DAUGHTER
badge
HE JUST CANT BE KILLED, OR CAN HE???
mbmbmbmbmb
Matias wrote:

I was told from board game store in Finland that FFG will focus in the future on non-licenced games. Don't know where this originated bu that was what I was told.

Does ffg own the branding and stuff for descent or is that someone elses creation?

With the licenses for star wars, warhammer and 40k, lord of the rings, game of thrones, h.p. lovecraft, battlestar galactica and dust, this is a poor excuse for not adding a proper expansion for gears of war. maybe it just wasnt as popular as expected?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.