8 Posts

Zombicide» Forums » Rules

Subject: Molotov and Runners rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darryl Hardin
msg tools
designer
I'm really confused on both of these and can't seem to find any clarification. When it says the runners get two actions, does that mean it can move, attack, move attack? So basically it can run to the same spot as your characters and start a second action and attack them?

Secondly, if I use a molotov on a group of zombies, does the person who uses that molotov increase his level counter per zombie?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
foksieloy
Croatia
flag msg tools
You need kulen.
badge
How can you have any pudding?
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as i know, yes and yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each Zombie's ACTION works like this:

1. are there any Survivors to attack in the zone / room? If yes, attack them -- turn is done.
2. if nothing to attack, move towards the most noise / line of sight on Survivors -- turn is done.

Then the Zombie side will SPAWN around the board.

Runners get two ACTIONS when they are activated. So, if there are no Survivors for a Runner to attack, they move. Then, they will either attack or move again. Then their turn is done.

================

As far as Molotovs, yes, if you lob a Molotov into a zone / room with 10 zombies in it, you gain 10 XP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bdistracted wrote:
I'm really confused on both of these and can't seem to find any clarification. When it says the runners get two actions, does that mean it can move, attack, move attack? So basically it can run to the same spot as your characters and start a second action and attack them?

Secondly, if I use a molotov on a group of zombies, does the person who uses that molotov increase his level counter per zombie?

Correct, except its attack move, attack move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Rainey
United States
Cookeville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
This is why it is a good idea to not kill anything with Dave (or whoever carries your molotovs) because you can easily go into the orange danger level before you are ready with just one toss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack J.

Michigan
msg tools
The runners don't get 2 Actions like players do.

There are several ways it plays out but the example on page 9 of the book explains best.

Right now it sounds like they do but there were situations in my last game where you couldn't think of it as two actions. Its more like a computer program where they repeat the turn after each phase until they did it twice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ropya wrote:

Nope, it's attack OR move, attack OR move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mixar mixar
msg tools
Loophole Master wrote:
ropya wrote:

Nope, it's attack OR move, attack OR move.

Exactly, I think the rule most people miss is the "Pile on effect". If zombies attack they don't move because all of the zombies pile on and feast on the survivor. The runners can "attack/attack","attack/move", "move/move", "move/attack".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.