Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack Wraith
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan (MI)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jinteki has, by far, the best Corp ability, IMO. I know that NBN's plays to its strengths, but Jinteki's will always come into play because agendas will always be scored or stolen and it's never a bad time to make the Runner dump cards and be one step closer to flatlining (in addition to denying them what may be a crucial resource or program.) I played Black for most of my M:TG career. Discard is da bomb (my favorite song is Hymn to Tourach...)

Upgrades:
Akitaro Watanabe is one of the better upgrades in the game and could go in other Corp decks quite easily (like HB) if they're lacking in resources but especially works well within its own Corp, which is also cash poor in-faction.

Operations:
Neural EMP continues Jinteki's theme of discard. It's situational, but since Runners should be making runs as often as possible, it's not a big hurdle. 2 credits for 1 card seems reasonable.
Precognition isn't card advantage, but it is a key to planning (as long as you can protect R&D) for zero cost. Seems like a 2-, if not 3-carder, depending on strategy.

Assets:
Zaibatsu Loyalty is quite situational, because there simply aren't that many expose abilities in the game, as yet. It has no cost to rez and is cheap to use, but I'm not sure it's worth the card slot.
Snare! is brilliant. It's zero cost and has to be revealed if pulled from R&D. 4 credits is more than worth 3 net damage and 1 tag, given that it could make flatlining the Runner with something like Neural EMP quite easy if the run was made on the last or second-to-last action.
Project Junebug is almost as good. Unlike Snare, it requires a bit more of the bluffing game, since you won't be leaving 2 or 3 asset counters on an agenda for long before the Runner realizes what it is, but it's still potentially a crushing amount of net damage.

One thing to note here is that none of Jinteki's assets involve credits, so they're even more desperate for things like Melange and Hedge Fund than HB is. Powerful cards are great, but you need the creds to rez them. A lot of Jinteki's cards cost little or nothing, which helps, but ICE often isn't cheap...

ICE:
Chum is a great setup for minimal cost, but essentially requires the additional cost of another piece of ICE.
Neural Katana has a reasonable cost but a low strength. It's lone subroutine continues the discard theme, which is convenient.
Wall of Thorns is really expensive with decent strength and appropriate subroutines.
Cell Portal is a decent cost for its considerable strength and its unusual subroutine, but it's also a continual cost if that subroutine isn't broken, which is tougher on the cash-strapped Jinteki.
Data Mine is ICE in name only, since it won't slow the Runner down, but will automatically result in net damage. The fact that it's zero cost makes it worthwhile.

Agendas:
Nisei Mark II is great. It's an unavoidable end to the run, which is useful for a Corp that may not have the cash to rez the ICE it needs while trying to blow up the Runner's hand.

Jinteki is aggressive control, which I am all about. Obviously, cards like Beanstalk Royalties and PAD Campaign would be useful for credits, while Shipment from Mirrormorph would be great for setting up all those traps. Of course, traps need ICE, so even things like Hunter or Ice Wall might be viable additions to its ICE store, plus Anonymous Tip to further facilitate Precognition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One use of Precognition that many people overlook is that you can stack the card draw to self protect. That means putting ICE and Operations on top, and the Agenda/trashable cards beneath them. If you've been unable to properly protect R&D, having it be a place that's 'safe' for a few turns can be a boon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.