Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
WILLIAM CIATTONI
United States
MIAMI
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
I posted this on a thread for memoir44 and received a"User submission declined" in my mailbox. Im gonna post the message here because Id like to know what the issue was with what I posted...ok ready, here it is.

"Im gonna pick up this expansion. My 5 year old son loves the games as do I. I figure I can pick up some different primers to color some of the units correctly.I figure the French... Blue, The Italians...a khaki. I think battlefront make an Italian Army primer."

What am I missing here? Admins, can you explain this to me?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Was this a new thread? Which dropdown did you use? Mebbe you chose Review or Session report by accident.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Massek
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am guessing you submitted it under the review or session report subforum of the game instead of its general forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WILLIAM CIATTONI
United States
MIAMI
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
Ah, ok. So I didnt offend anyone or violate something. Thanks for the quick reply guys. I feel a bit better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
It was posted in the "Reviews" subforum. Anything posted in there automatically goes through the geekmod process. Since your post was not a review, the users that modded it correctly declined it.

Feel free to repost it in the General subforum of that game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WILLIAM CIATTONI
United States
MIAMI
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
That was on me. I must have done it on accident. Sorry about that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davido
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No harm done, stick around a bit, enjoy the Geek and the games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Also, to be clear, admins really don't have much of a hand in doing approvals or declines for articles. Anything that needs to be moderated in that field passes through GeekMod, which is user-moderation handled through approve and decline votes. If you submit articles or images that are declined, it is because several users in the voting process voted for the image to be declined before a number of voters voted for approval. Though it's not a perfect system, it's fairly accurate in gauging how well a post or an image fits within the guidelines of what is wanted on BGG and good content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had a few submissions declined, but that was because the images were too similar to what I submitted previously, and this was stated in the message from the mods. No problem with me, and now I avoid making the same mistake in my submissions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Geek-Mod Pack:

GeekMod Basics

New user's guide to Geekmodding

Included in the Every-Gamer BGG Guides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.