Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

Dominion» Forums » News

Subject: Androminion's last major update and announcement of removal (end of Aug. 2012)... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Removal
The latest update for Androminion announced that they are taking down the app by request of Rio Grande Games, to be "at the end of the month"... so, the end of Aug. it seems.

2) Last major update (v3.00) 1.13MB...
* Enhanced large screen for UI for tablets!
* Various bugfixes and enhancements


The new interface is "odd", simply b/c I'm used to the old one. However, there are 2 other, different ones I have yet to try out.

It also ran a bit slower (ie time you tap something to hearing the "click" and seeing a cursor triangle selector), but otherwise, still solid.

REALLY SORRY TO SEE THIS GO
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl with one "R"
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally jumped on the Androminion bandwagon just a few days ago. And I think the new UI is great! Of course, that's probably just because I wasn't used to the old UI.

What a fantastic app this is. Not pretty, but from my limited plays, it really seems to get the game right.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Dempster
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I presume that when it is taken down that just affects new downloads and updates? Existing installations should still work, shouldn't they? I play it on my tablet which is offline most of the time.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was hoping that there most recent update would include the promo cards... c'est la vie.

-DK
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Knop
Brazil
Juiz de Fora
Minas Gerais
flag msg tools
badge
No disassemble! Vídeos de Partidas Completas Passo a Passo
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
No!
soblue soblue
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DKahnt wrote:
I was hoping that there most recent update would include the promo cards... c'est la vie.

-DK
Another thing I found a bit odd was how Dominion Shuffle has all the promos, but Androminion didn't. I was kinda hoping for promos at some point too.


magnus_eisengrim wrote:
I presume that when it is taken down that just affects new downloads and updates? Existing installations should still work, shouldn't they? I play it on my tablet which is offline most of the time.
Not sure.... I heard as part of anti-piracy measures, your apps need to "check in online" periodically, else they'll be rendered useless. But Androminion is freeware, so that shouldn't have an effect there. Plus, I've never seen that policy in effect before.


Another thing I need to learn to do is how to backup Android data and apps. Someone mentioned Astro, but I'd feel better if I can manually back it up myself (for the sake of my other games and apps too).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike S.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No need to backup ..... just download the .apk here while you can and you can always install it whenever you want to.

http://code.google.com/p/androminion/

:-)
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Player77 wrote:
No need to backup ..... just download the .apk here while you can and you can always install it whenever you want to.

http://code.google.com/p/androminion/

:-)
i have those. I just assumed u had to root your device to install APKs.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike S.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Root is not needed. You just need to change something in the settings to be able to install apk files outside the app market.
When sending yourself an apk in an e-mail and trying to install it on your android, you will be notified and asked if you want to change those settings.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gernon
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
The enhanced large screen UI for tablets seems to have rendered the game unplayable on my itty bitty phone (the turn log on the bottom covers most of my hand and "current status" area). Anyone else seeing this problem?

If this ends up being the last update of this app, that suuuuuucks ...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
while1fork wrote:
The enhanced large screen UI for tablets seems to have rendered the game unplayable on my itty bitty phone (the turn log on the bottom covers most of my hand and "current status" area). Anyone else seeing this problem?

If this ends up being the last update of this app, that suuuuuucks ...
I could've sworn that I was able to fit 6 cards going down before hitting the log. Now, it's just 4. I miss the old layout On the plus side, when you tap the magnifying lens hard button on your phone, the log gets hidden, and that empty space is actually used to display more cards going down (prev. editions, the cards still did not display past where the log would be).


It was mentioned this would be the last major update, so if you write a defect on the Androminion site (you'll need a Google/gmail account), there's a chance it can be addressed. Hell, the official Dom app went back into beta, so that may buy Androminion some time.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Harwell
msg tools
Note that you can download previous versions at the link Player77 posted ( http://code.google.com/p/androminion/ ).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gernon
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
ackmondual wrote:
On the plus side, when you tap the magnifying lens hard button on your phone, the log gets hidden

HOLY CRAP. I did not know this.

Thanks, you just fixed the entire game for me!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike S.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New version (3.01) is online.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Knight
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I've always wanted this, but own Apple products and have never played it. However, I just got my wife a Blackberry Playbook for her birthday and found out it can run Android apps if they are side loaded.

Now I've got it! Just a heads up for any other Blackberry Playbook owners out there since time is running out.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
StratomaticFanatic wrote:
I've always wanted this, but own Apple products and have never played it. However, I just got my wife a Blackberry Playbook for her birthday and found out it can run Android apps if they are side loaded.

Now I've got it! Just a heads up for any other Blackberry Playbook owners out there since time is running out.
If nothing else, I'm told that you can just DL the APKs, and load them up latter when you have an Android device or its equivalent.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jiryfoe Man
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
open the heart
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.