Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

D-Day Dice» Forums » Rules

Subject: D-Day dice. two questions. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Blazing Apostle
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played this the other evening with two other players and a couple of questions arose which I believe I got right, but thought the good people of the geek will sort me out.

Questions were:

The Engineer.Unique specialist.
Does the minus 5 from bunker DEF effect all players, or just the player owning the card?

And

The General.Unique specialist.
Do all players lock only 1 die, or again only the player owning the card?

One of the players thought locking only one die could be a double edge sword and suggested you could choose to either lock one or two, which I said no, card says specifically lock only one dice, so I`m sure I got that right.

Hope you can help, and I am really enjoying the game.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pee di Moor
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
moxyoron wrote:
Played this the other evening with two other players and a couple of questions arose which I believe I got right, but thought the good people of the geek will sort me out.

Questions were:

The Engineer.Unique specialist.
Does the minus 5 from bunker DEF effect all players, or just the player owning the card?

DEF reductions always counts for all units in the same sector.


Quote:

And

The General.Unique specialist.
Do all players lock only 1 die, or again only the player owning the card?

One of the players thought locking only one die could be a double edge sword and suggested you could choose to either lock one or two, which I said no, card says specifically lock only one dice, so I`m sure I got that right.

Hope you can help, and I am really enjoying the game.


Only player with the specialist.

Second part: one can always keep as many dice as one wants. However normally you have to lock 2 (but can keep more). With the specialist you only need to lock 1 after your first throw, but may keep more.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blazing Apostle
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That`s great..and thank you very much.meeple
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
The general is for all players.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kovar
Czech Republic
Prague 6
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm. I'm really courious about the Engineer. I have found many different answers here on geek.
For ex. http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/836506/engineer-unique-s...

Can any official ruling be stated here plz?

Is Engineer modifies DEF for all units entering bunker together or jut for unit which ownns Engineer?

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blazing Apostle
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I understand it, if 1 player owns engineer card and all players enter the bunker at the same time, all players gain the -5 DEF.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
moxyoron wrote:
One of the players thought locking only one die could be a double edge sword and suggested you could choose to either lock one or two, which I said no, card says specifically lock only one dice, so I`m sure I got that right.


There's a difference between Lock and Keep.

Lock means you cannot reroll that die, at all.
Keep means you choose not to reroll that die THIS TIME.

If I roll with General, 122346, I can choose to Lock a 2, and keep the other 2.
Now I roll again: 22(kept) 1166. Now those 1s would make a better RWB, while I don't need a Battle Cry from the 2s.

So I pick up the "kept" 2, and reroll it on my third roll with the 6s. I can't reroll both 2s because one is locked.

Without the General, I would have had to lock both 2s, and have no chance to reroll one of them.

Locking less dice is always better, because it gives you more options.
If you roll a perfect double RWB on the first roll, you can just choose to "keep" all of them, then the number locked is irrelevant.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Watne
United States
Burlington
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Good times.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Things may have changed recently, but I was told, and confirmed by Amiral, that the -5 DEF from the engineer applied ONLY to the unit that owns the Engineer.

Any consensus?

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
thegreybetween wrote:
Things may have changed recently, but I was told, and confirmed by Amiral, that the -5 DEF from the engineer applied ONLY to the unit that owns the Engineer.

Any consensus?



General: It says "all Units" on the card, so it should be clear that it affects all players.

Engineer: It says "your Bunker", so it's the Bunker where you (the owner of the card) are standing. As with all DEF-reducing cards, the DEF reduction affects everyone present.

I don't remember saying the contrary.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Watne
United States
Burlington
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Good times.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My misunderstanding then. Thanks for the clarification!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.