5 Posts

Modern Naval Battles: Global Warfare» Forums » General

Subject: Duplicate Taizhou (Same name but different stats) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Si Tyler
msg tools
mbmbmb
MNB-GW and expansion #1 arrived this morning.

I have two Taizhou cards for China
Both have the same year of service 2005+ and 4 hull points The pictures while different show 138 as the hull number

Card A
Md Gun
SSM
AD6
VP 3

Card B
Md Gun
SSM
Cruise
VP4

Card A matches the Excel list that Dave in Sidney produced.

Help?

Si

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some errors in the cards - either duplicates or inconsistencies.. (eg Argentine 2 x Espora)
Taizhou is one - use whichever you please...
Some of the images are also out a bit.. I keep meaning to post a list...

I understand that Dan of DVG is busy with some new releases at present - I'm hoping that when he has some time he might bring out an official errata and FAQ....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Greenspan
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello David

I found I have the Argentine 2 x Espora, which is the correct one
the FFG or the CRV class ship? both are 2 point ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mgreensp wrote:
Hello David

I found I have the Argentine 2 x Espora, which is the correct one
the FFG or the CRV class ship? both are 2 point ships.

G'day,

I haven't the cards or my notes at hand..

from memory the photo on the two cards is of the Corvette Espora P-41 that looks like:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARA_Espora_(P-41)

"ARA Espora (P-41) is the lead ship of the MEKO 140A16 Espora class of six corvettes built for the Argentine Navy. The ship is the sixth ship to bear the name of Colonel (Navy) Tomás Espora, who fought in the Argentine Navy during the Cisplatine War."

While the Argentine navy rates it as a Corvette, other sources says Frigate...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MEKO_140A16
"The MEKO 140 is a frigate design by the German Blohm + Voss shipyard as part of the MEKO family of vessels."

I'd go with the CRV rating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Przemysław Mantay
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
In case of new Sovremenny Mod-class destroyers (i.e. project 956EM), the Taizhou and Ningbo, two things:
1. Taizhou should have the same stats as Ningbo.
2. Both Taizhou and Ningbo should have changed stats: they have the same AA capabilities as older Hangzhou-class destroyers (two Shtil launchers as on Hangzhou and Fuzhou), with reduced guns (only one double 130mm turret instead of two), yet they are equipped with new variants of 3M80 Moskit missiles, which justifies the change of ASMs from only “small” to both “small” and “cruise”.
Also their Air Defence capabilities has been increased, due to possible introduction of newer 3M317 missiles instead of 9M38, as well as introduction of CIWS systems CADS-N-1 Kashtan (twin 6-barrel 30mm cannons and 8 missiles, with at least 16 additional missiles per each system). Thus it seems that their AD stat should 5 instead of 6... which should also result in increased VP value.

Thus they should have the following stats:
Hull Value: 4, MedGun, Small SSM, Cruise missile, AD 6(5?), VP 4(5)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.