Modern Naval Battles: Global Warfare» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: New MNB-GW Player - Open Handed learning rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Si Tyler
msg tools
mbmbmb
@DaveinSidney.

MNB arrived in the post this morning along with ship expansion #1. Opened the box and read through the rules a couple of times. Ready when you are. What would you suggest as a teach/learn (11VP Scenario from the book or straight surface to surface to start with?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
G'day Si,

Sorry to miss your post on the weekend - glad to hear that the games are goinmg well with your boys.

An 11 to 15 VP game is a good start - in that it usually is enough to get a variety of ships and also it is unlikely (but does happen*) that your fleet will be destroyed outright in the first turn before you even get a chance to have a turn..
(This may be disheartening to some people - it has historically been so to some nations...)

* yes.. I've had games where my fleet has been sunk in turn 1.. cry
I've also one one game on turn one - so I can't complain!

Let me know if you still need an open hand game byy email/forum.. happy to help anytime!

all the best

David (in sunny Sydney - mid winter and thinking of going for a swim.. ;-))

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Si Tyler
msg tools
mbmbmb
I think we have now played about 10 games in all. Mostly 2 on 2 with a couple of 3 way games. Happy with how the rules work, in fact I don't think we have needed to go back to the rules since Saturday About to head off on holiday (game in now stored in 2 plastic boxes to survive the flight) for two weeks so will look at a PBF in early September.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.