Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Walsh
Ireland
Lucan
Co Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmb
Given the other thread, it appears that people have managed to pick up Infernal Relics, and yet I've seen no spoilers anywhere on the internet. I consider this unacceptable.

So to those who do have it, what are the Heroes' Powers? What are their best cards? How do the villains play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
I second the motion. 250 copies are in the wild.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Booth
United States
California
flag msg tools
At the very least, if anyone who's picked up their Kickstarter packs can email me pix of the fronts & backs of the alternate character cards (Fanatic, Ra, Baron Blade, Omnitron) at spiffworld@gmail.com, I'll turn them into oversized character cards like the rest I've got at www.spiffworld.com/sotm. Since those alt characters don't require new decks to be used, that will give the rest of us something new to play with while we wait for our Kickstarter shipments to come in the mail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth H
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I don't have my game yet, so I'm hesitant to start talking about what I know about the cards from playtesting them. But now that I'm back online, I'll be writing my strategy guides again on the GTG website. (To eventually be put on here as well.) I'll make sure to make one of the new heroes first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Booth
United States
California
flag msg tools
I finally did get my eyeballs on the new rules for the alternate heroes and villains from the Kickstarter, so I've updated my oversized card accessories to include those, if you're interested in checking them out.

www.spiffworld.com/sotm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Walsh
Ireland
Lucan
Co Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just got a chance to play with the new Expansion yesterday. I played Unity twice (the first time getting some important rules completely wrong, probably because I haven't played very much), and Nightmist once. I've played against the Ennead twice.

Unity is a lot of fun. Bot Golems are awesome, in particular the mighty Bee Bot who, when he blows up, trashes an Ongoing or Environment card and allows Unity to do Projectile damage to somebody. Additionally, Bee Bot has 1HP, and therefore always has the lowest HP of any Hero Target.

Unity's equipment mostly helps you play Bot Golems more easily, although there's an equipment that damages (I think) all non-Hero targets when a Bot-Golem dies, and Scrap Metal essentially allows you to recycle a Bot Golem that's on its last legs. I expect this is most useful for a banged-up Stealth Bot.

Unity's non-unique damage dealing Golems are Raptor Bot and Platform Bot. They have few hit points and deal damage at the end of the turn. Her unique damage dealing Bot is Turret Bot, which has 9HP but only deals damage at the start of the turn. Stupid slow Bunker.

The quote on Swift Bot, which is arguably her big engine card (at 6HP it's kind of vulnerable), is hilarious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.