Popular Tags: [View All]
Indigo Kelleigh
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Here's a few Planets I've been working on this week for my latest WIP: StarSpeed 17: Rocket Racers of Galaxy 5000:

I've got 18 of these to do, plus a whole lot of other graphics. I'll be posting most (maybe all) of them over on the game page, and I'll put them here when I remember to!

Now to figure out how to do a prismatic starburst filter in Photoshop...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They look very good! I hope you get to print them large enough to see all of the little details.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anais A
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like all of them except the spiral galaxy. There is really good detail in the planets. Why not add some of that to the galaxy? It is typically such a great image, to do it justice I think it needs some stars and less blurry arms. Something more speckled like this:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Indigo Kelleigh
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Yeah, after the latest couple of planets, I realized that I was really cheating on the first few, especially the black hole. I have gone back and added more detail to it already, and will post the update with the next couple planets when I finish them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Indigo Kelleigh
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Here's a few more planets for StarSpeed 17, including an update to the Black Hole!

I think for the last five I'm going to work on more planets that actually LOOK like they could be planets. I've got one snow/ice world to do, and one space station/star base, but the rest I'm not sure about.

At any rate, enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Terry
msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I love your style!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Etkin
United States
Gloversville
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
biddi biddi biddi
mbmbmbmbmb
Good use of shape/color in what could potentially have been a drab-looking environment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Indigo Kelleigh
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Thanks! I'm trying to keep the design light and lively, and not letting the design be limited by things like, you know, ACTUAL SCIENCE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Terry
msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Indy1725 wrote:
Thanks! I'm trying to keep the design light and lively, and not letting the design be limited by things like, you know, ACTUAL SCIENCE.

I recently read The Physics of Star Trek, and was surprised to find that more than a few scientific endeavors & discoveries stemmed from science fiction lore. So hey, you might be the cutting edge!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Etkin
United States
Gloversville
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
biddi biddi biddi
mbmbmbmbmb
gameyy wrote:
Indy1725 wrote:

I recently read The Physics of Star Trek, and was surprised to find that more than a few scientific endeavors & discoveries stemmed from science fiction lore. So hey, you might be the cutting edge!

I'd hazard a guess to say that post-WW2, 75% of our "cutting edge" scientific discoveries were either directly related to inspirational science fiction, or at the very least those involved were drawn to their respective careers due to sci-fi. Our increasing technological progress as a society almost certainly relates to this.

There's a LOT of devices and ideas out there which owe direct lineage to kids growing up on a steady diet of Star Trek, Buck Rogers, Star Wars, or 2001.

For example, there's likely little functional advantage for a robot to have precise human form, yet the push to create an AI, bipedal device continues... almost entirely because people grew up expecting that technology.

I guess what I'm saying is that you owe your stash of gizmos and the continuing sputters of the space program to fiction writers. These guys really don't get the credit outside of the geek community that they deserve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Inglis
msg tools
As someone doing realistic planet art for a game at the moment, I really love the cartoony style you've gone for. Absolutely awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.