Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keiron
United Kingdom
Sittingbourne
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Recently got my newly acquired copy of None but Heroes to the table and going through the first scenario, and was reading the 'Complete Charge Combat Example'

Under the 'Closing' section when Hood moves from A(25.19) to B(25.20), to check whether a Closing Roll is required you check the LOS from Hood(25.19) to the Union Stack(24.20). There are intervening woods hexes in 24.19 and 25.20. Hood is also in a hex one raw height level higher than the Union stack and the intervening hexes. All the hexes have +1 level for the woods terrain.

I couldn't see anything in the rules that would suggest LOS is blocked.

Is this just common sense that it is blocked? Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keiron
United Kingdom
Sittingbourne
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To quote a response received on Consimworld:

In [LoB Rules] v1.0, the LOS rules did not explain this clearly (I think it was just assumed everyone would get that LOS in this case would be blocked).

However, [LoB Rules] v2.0 clarifies this greatly by making all woods a +3 level obstacle (instead of the old +1). Apply that, and it's clear LOS is blocked between 25.19 and 24.20

The v2.0 LoB rules (although still considered a beta version), and associated play aids are available for download from Consimworld. See link at bottom of page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.