Popular Tags: [View All]
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this twice last night, and for a simple game it seems difficult to explain and get into somehow. I'm going to post rules questions I had, as well as questions and answers from the forums. If anyone responds with more questions or clarifications to the answers given, I will update the OP. Hopefully this could form the basis of a FAQ at some point.

RECHARGE STEP

Q: When receiving extra draws or action points for troops in the Command Zone, must the player decide ahead of time (before drawing any troop cards) how many of each he will take?

A: No, the player may decide for each extra draw individually, whether to take an action or a troop card.

Q: Are the free action point and card draw mandatory?

A: Yes

COMMAND ZONE

Q: If a player's command zone is currently full, can he discard one of the cards to make room for playing another?

A: (Provisional) No, he must activate a command ability and then choose not to save the card in order to free up a spot to play another, if his command zone is currently full.

Q: When discarding a matching troop to avoid removing a used command zone card from the game, does the discard go on the discard pile or is it removed from the game?

A: It goes on the discard pile.

Q: When 2 command zone troops are drained to use the Faction Ability, must they be saved or else removed from the game?

A: (Provisional) No, they are just drained and remain in the command zone.

Q: Are formation attack abilities (granted by the faction card) mandatory if performing a formation attack?

A: Yes.

WAR ZONE

Q: Can formation attacks be boosted or can additional cards beyond those required be included in the attack?

A: No, no.

Q: Does boosting a non-formation attack require a troop that matches the NAME, or just the TYPE of troop attacking from the war zone?

A: Just matching the type (e.g. Arcane or Tech).

GAME END

Q: Does the game end even at the beginning of a player's turn, if he draws the final card from his deck?

GENERAL

Q: What are all the cases where cards are 'removed from the game' rather than placed in the discard pile?

A: 1) When having drained a troop in the command zone, and not saving that troop with a matching troop from your hand. 2) When boosting a non-formation attack, the card used to boost the attack is removed from the game. 3) When using a reaction ability from the Dogs of War. 4) Various command effects or faction abilities(?)

Q: When removing a card from the game, does each player have a separate pile? Are the cards placed face up or face down?

A: (Provisional) Each player has their own pile; cards are placed face up.

Q: If a troop command ability allows for the troop to be recharged automatically after being used, do you still need to save it with a matching troop to avoid removing it from the game?

A: Yes, the troop is drained, its effect applied, and then recharged. At that point you must save it or remove it from the game. If saved, it is available to be used again immediately.

Q: Is draw pile size/count public knowledge for each player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice FAQ list cannoneer.

While several of those Q&A's are answered directly in the rulebook, some aren't as perfectly clear and this list can help some people with questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahma wrote:
Nice FAQ list cannoneer.

While several of those Q&A's are answered directly in the rulebook, some aren't as perfectly clear and this list can help some people with questions.

I know some are pretty clear in the rulebook, but since they've been asked in the forums, I included them. It may be that some date from prior versions of the rulebook that weren't as clear. Maybe not all the questions would stay in a final official FAQ, but it's better to be comprehensive and then prune, rather than missing something I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cannoneer wrote:
Hahma wrote:
Nice FAQ list cannoneer.

I know some are pretty clear in the rulebook, but since they've been asked in the forums, I included them. It may be that some date from prior versions of the rulebook that weren't as clear. Maybe not all the questions would stay in a final official FAQ, but it's better to be comprehensive and then prune, rather than missing something I guess.

True enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Leoncavallo
United States
Rockland
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great list! Had two of those quiestions you listed on my mind to ask about. You did it for me!

Very much enjoying the base game, can't wait to give the variants a try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to see you got the game Paul. I dig it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aaron belmer
United States
Webster Groves
St Louis
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah its really sweet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.