Subject: Corruption at an all time high. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Channing Guenther
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
Played a great 3 player game of BBTM last night with a buddy and my fiance.

I was the noble High Elves while my buddy J was the icky Skaven. My fiance was the Hummies.

Things really weren't going all that well for me all game. I was hanging in there, but because we were playing with the Errata's rules, there weren't any big VP-getting staff upgrades out there for me to get and my high elves racial upgrades weren't cutting it.

Meanwhile, my fiance landed her big VP-getting racial upgrade which she was put to good use and J also was getting mad VP for losing matches thanks to one of his racial upgrades.

Things weren't going well for the High Elves at all.

At the end of the game, we tallied up VP and I had 36.

My fiance had 41.

J had 41.

DUN DUN DUN.

Time for the tie-break.

My fiance and J decided it was something that should be decided over a rock-paper-scissors match.

My fiance won the Rock-Paper-Scissors match, but I didn't see it cause I was busy reading the tie-break rules.

I only read the first part of the tie-break rules and explained that whichever one of them had the most number of upgrades would be declared the winner.

They counted.

They were tied still.

Now what?

DUN DUN DUN.

Suddenly it dawned on me that I'd read these tie-break rules once before (long ago) and that this outcome was going to be hysterical.

"Guys... I think I win!?!?!"

They both broke out laughing hysterically as I read them the rules and told them that they'd both been suspended as managers for "dodgy dealings" and that I was declared the winner of the game.

Way too funny...

And totally thematically-appropriate for Blood Bowl.

Good times!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan " ; " Czop
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

What an awesome way to win! Good work!...or should I say a lack of work made you win! haha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Mistiaen
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are no High Elves in the game. I suppose you meant Wood Elves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Neff

Alaska
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Corwin1980 wrote:
There are no High Elves in the game. I suppose you meant Wood Elves.

Yes, High Elves don't get the respect. My favorite race, with the Lion, Dragon, and Phoenix warriors. Wish they were represented here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.