Cyclades» Forums » Rules

Subject: Paying offer to god when your money has been stolen? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pierre-Yves Caron
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently played my first game of Cyclades and only one rule wasn't answered with a few readings of the rulebook.

When you get your money stolen by another player using the griffon (I think...), and that means your total money count gets lower than your bid made earlier on a god, do you just pass your turn because you can't actually pay your offer since you no longer have the money?

We played it that way, were we right to do so?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leber
Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
mbmbmbmbmb
All bids are supposed to be paid before the fist player resolves his turn, that way this cannot happen.

I believe it tells you to pay the bids this way in the rule book, but I don't have it handy to reference. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Edit: found it. Page 3, at the bottom of section 4 "Offerings" it says all players pay their bids at the end of that phase (as opposed to the beginning of their turn).

You're not the first to do it the other way, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike G
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Holmes108 wrote:
All bids are supposed to be paid before the fist player resolves his turn, that way this cannot happen.

I believe it tells you to pay the bids this way in the rule book, but I don't have it handy to reference. Maybe someone else can chime in.

This is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre-Yves Caron
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! This makes sense to all pay our offering once the bidding is done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike G
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
pwhy5 wrote:
Thanks! This makes sense to all pay our offering once the bidding is done.

And the other thing to remember is that any players on Apollo take their gold coins on their turn, not when bids on other gods are paid. Which can make a difference if someone acting before you uses Griffon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.