United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone!

Welcome to the 11th installment of "Name That Game!" Every Saturday, I will be posting a new contest, so keep checking back for more chances to win! I don't have much GeekGold to give, but in an effort to spread the love, I wanted to give what I can!

THE RULES (HAVE CHANGED):

1) Below are a few images of randomly selected game components. Some are easy, some are a bit more difficult. Even if you don't know the games right away, I try to select images that, with a little digging, you can figure out! I will keep the contest open for a day or so, and randomly select a winner after after that. Of course, you must have all 5 correct to be eligible. Other entries with perfect scores might get a little GG from me, depending on how much I have to give.

2) DON'T post your answers on the thread. It's fine, even encouraged, to reply to the thread with comments, but keep your answers secret!

3) All games selected are currently ranked (usually highly) on BGG. All images are from BGG, used without permission, but, hey, it's just for fun.

4) Feel free to tip a few GG if you want to support this contest. While it won't help your chances at winning, if I get some good tips, I will be able to post more of these contests and have to tip to future winners!

5) Subscribe to the Official NTG Contest GeekList! http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/143672/item/2209671#item22...

THE IMAGES:

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyrus the Great
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a toughie. 2 is easy, and I'm pretty sure I've seen 3 before. The rest I have no clue about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Hall
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, apparently #1 was too tricky. I got a bunch entries that said it was Caylus (and I understand why). It was actually Glory to Rome. No one managed to get 5/5 right, but I'll tip everyone who participated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Pelikan
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
juggler5 wrote:
So, apparently #1 was too tricky. I got a bunch entries that said it was Caylus (and I understand why). It was actually Glory to Rome. No one managed to get 5/5 right, but I'll tip everyone who participated.

Thanks for the

At first I couldn't believe it when reading it's Glory to Rome. Sure, I'd recall the white pawn, but there's no score track or player colors. Then it hit me - you need them for maybe 30 seconds. A tough one, but what's a contest without a challenge. Items 2 through 5 are easy if you ever played those games.

Guilty of claiming Caylus - knowning it's wrong. But who knows, there might be have been a 6 player expansion out somewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.