Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad DeRan
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok i am sure someone already asked this but, in the Castle Daerion quest the villagers and militia are said to block movement and LOS, but then to treat them as hero figures, so which is it? I am guessing they just meant that since it is just a token and not a figure that like other figures would normally block movement and LOS but as a hero figure the heroes can move through them, whereas the OL monsters cant. is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how we played it.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Henrich
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Yup, that's how I read it. I think they are just trying to make sure that you know they aren't like normal tokens which don't block movement or LOS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petri P
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Another question of Villagers and Militia:

If a surviving villager (which becomes militia in the 2nd encounter) has suffered wounds, will he retain them in the militia form?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Rethorn
United States
Perrysburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mb
petrip wrote:

Another question of Villagers and Militia:

If a surviving villager (which becomes militia in the 2nd encounter) has suffered wounds, will he retain them in the militia form?

We're playing this quest right now and haven't agreed on an answer. Help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, why would he? He's no longer a villager, he's a new marker (a militiaman).

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krinn DNZ
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
shnar wrote:
No, why would he? He's no longer a villager, he's a new marker (a militiaman).

-shnar

One could make the counterargument that since they're to be treated as hero figurines in both cases, that they should retain wounds between encounters like heroes do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Any surviving Villagers from Encounter 1 are placed on
the Entrance tile or the closest available empty spaces.
They are now militiamen.

The text just for reference. Based on that, I could see one making the argument both ways. However, looking at the stats, the militiamen have different stats than the villagers (they have 1 more speed and have an attack), so I would argue they are different 'figures'.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
shnar wrote:
Quote:
Any surviving Villagers from Encounter 1 are placed on
the Entrance tile or the closest available empty spaces.
They are now militiamen.

The text just for reference. Based on that, I could see one making the argument both ways. However, looking at the stats, the militiamen have different stats than the villagers (they have 1 more speed and have an attack), so I would argue they are different 'figures'.

-shnar

Well, they have been roused, and now are better equipped for battle perhaps. I'd be fine with either interpretation, but it seems to me that if the heroes don't have the ability to heal wounds, the villagers wouldn't either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.