Subject: Cards for controlling movement? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julio

Hidalgo
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just played our first Talisman session, we had a blast, lots of fun, laughs and good time! Even my wife enjoyed it. She asked if there's an object or something to control movement (instead of rolling dice something to move X spaces defined by the player), I looked up the rulebook and mentions some cards do that. Which are those?

Our problem was that we never left the outside region because no one stop at the bridge at the right time and I didn't know you can build a boat with an axe until we finish.

Anyway I'd like to know if there's a card to control movement in the base game or any of the expansions. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First off, you don't need to stop on the Sentinel space to cross the Bridge, in fact, you need to have extra movement to get to the Middle Region. So for example, you character starts his turn on the Chapel space, he would need to roll 3+ to attempt to the cross the bridge which is 2 spaces away from the Chapel. You interrupt your movement to battle the Sentinel, if you win, can move to the Middle Region and do your remaining spaces there. If the Sentinel wins or stand-offs, your turn ends in the Sentinel space. Same deal with the Portal of Power, you don't need to land exactly on the space, you have to have extra points to move from the Middle Region to the Inner Region with a single roll.

Base game doesn't really have movement control options that much. There is Poltergeist which makes you move one space each turn. There are a couple of Teleport spells, then the teleport from the Tavern. Expansions add cards here and there, Reaper IIRC doesn't add any, but Highlands has some, same for Dungeon, but Blood Moon I think has the best options to date. Lunar Events can remain in play for several rounds and there are some great movement-related ones, like being able to move up to your roll in spaces (as opposed to moving the number you rolled). For attacking other players, that Event is very nice devil . Pair it up with Poltergeist (or a spell that does the same) and character A moves one space, you roll and since you now can move up to that many spaces, just move one, attack. Rinse repeat until the event goes away or character A dies cool .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julio

Hidalgo
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
First off, you don't need to stop on the Sentinel space to cross the Bridge, in fact, you need to have extra movement to get to the Middle Region.
: .

Ahhhh that makes a lot of sense! I own the Reaper and Sacred Pool and I'm thinking about Blood Moon. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Aubert
France
TOULON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another option is to use a set of cards numbered 1 through 6(one set per player).
Each turn you use one card then discard it and you pick them all up when you play your sixth one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.