Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jaru Rainn
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey fellow zombie slayers,

Just to start off. I think this game is great. Of course the rules are horrible to navigate. But once that is all settled, I think this game really lives up to what it promises.

Now for my questions:

1) If a player had only one item and it was his/her only weapon and he/she get hits once. He/She will lose the weapon, right? If that's the case, does that really mean that player can't attack any zombies until he finds another weapon? That seems a little harsh esp. for players in the beginning of the game.

2) Also are they any official or variant rules for respawn for players who had their survivor killed off survivors? I vaguely remember hearing about such a rule where players can take a new survivor and respawn in a vacated room or something like that? I feel this would be nice for newer players. Any thoughts?

3) Also I'm a little confused on the zombie movement. In the scenario grind house, there are permanent noise tokens that are placed on the board. The rules say if 4 zombies move into these noisy spaces, players will lose the game. So, if zombies are found in between the pile of 3 noise tokens and a group of 2 survivors, do they go after the noise or survivors? My inclination is to say survivors, but I wanted to run it past people first.

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Smith
United States
Bel Air
MD - Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yep, no weapon no attack. But survivors can share a weapon by using an activation to exchange items.

2. No official variant that I'm aware of, but some people have suggested a couple different house rules to bring back either dead survivors or simple let the player choose another survivor starting at 0 experience. Check through the threads and you'll find some ideas.

3. My understanding is that zombies always move to survivors in line of sight with highest noise level. So even though both zones have the same level of noise, the zone with the survivors "wins" the zombies' attention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jbbnbsmith wrote:
3. My understanding is that zombies always move to survivors in line of sight with highest noise level. So even though both zones have the same level of noise, the zone with the survivors "wins" the zombies' attention.

If a given zombie can see one or more survivors then any noise tokens in play are irrelevant. Zombies will always go towards survivors they can see first and foremost. Only if they can not see survivors do the then go towards the noisiest zone on the map. And, note, they go towards the noisiest zone, so, in the scenario in question, if the survivors can generate more than 3 tokens worth of noise, then the zombies will head towards their location instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Smith
United States
Bel Air
MD - Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
jbbnbsmith wrote:

If a given zombie can see one or more survivors then any noise tokens in play are irrelevant. Zombies will always go towards survivors they can see first and foremost. Only if they can not see survivors do the then go towards the noisiest zone on the map. And, note, they go towards the noisiest zone, so, in the scenario in question, if the survivors can generate more than 3 tokens worth of noise, then the zombies will head towards their location instead.

But if zombies can see survivors in two or more different zones, they will move toward the noisiest zone. If only one zone of survivors is in view, then they are obviously the noisiest group in view.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Rainey
United States
Cookeville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
And if they see survivors in different zones and the groups tie for noise I think it's safe to assume the zombies will split up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, and yes.

But, the important part, from the perspective of the OPs original question, is that zombies move towards survivors they can see before they move towards noise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.