Hide
8 Posts

Dominion: Dark Ages» Forums » Rules

Subject: Hopefully a stupid question. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Circum Bendibus
msg tools
I have seen only half the Dark Ages cards and only played Dominion with Finnish cards, so hopefully I have simply translated something wrong or I overlooked something in the Dark Ages rule book.

My question is this, if the Estate cards (cards that give victory points) are replaced with Shelter cards (cards that give no victory points) and if the ten random Kingdom cards dont give victory points or curses, how do you win?

--------------------------
edit

Thank You.

I did not get that only the hand cards are changed, I read it meaning all Estate cards.
Also I assumed that Tila (Estate), Pitäjä (parish or duchy not sure), and
Lääni (province?) were all collectively calld estates.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Brandt
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
I'm an old friend of Xanderrrr's
badge
Buffy the Vampire Slayer - S5E20
mbmbmbmbmb
Curses, Estates, Duchies, Provinces, Coppers, Silvers, and Golds are always included in the supply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old Gamer
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only the starting estates are replaced with shelters. The normal amount of estates are present to purchase, as are the normal amount of duchies and provinces (and colonies, if appropriate).

Edit: Beaten to the punch with a better answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Circumbendibu wrote:
I have seen only half the Dark Ages cards and only played Dominion with Finnish cards, so hopefully I have simply translated something wrong or I overlooked something in the Dark Ages rule book.

My question is this, if the Estate cards (cards that give victory points) are replaced with Shelter cards (cards that give no victory points) and if the ten random Kingdom cards dont give victory points or curses, how do you win?

My question is this, if all players have 3 Estate cards (cards that give victory points) and if the ten random Kingdom cards dont give victory points or curses, how do you win?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
Ponton wrote:
Circumbendibu wrote:

My question is this, if all players have 3 Estate cards (cards that give victory points) and if the ten random Kingdom cards dont give victory points or curses, how do you win?

Wait, I can't tell if you are being funny, but just in case: Provinces and Duchies are still available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Clague
New Zealand
Hamilton
Waikato
flag msg tools
badge
I can see my house from here!
mbmbmbmbmb
Circumbendibu wrote:

My question is this, if the Estate cards (cards that give victory points) ...

I think this is your problem here... Card that give you vp are Victory cards. Estate cards are a specific type of victory card. You are picturing all victory cards being replaced. It is only Estates, and only the STARTING Estates at that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ponton wrote:

We played one game that ended in a 3-3-3-3 tie, everyone scoring their 3 original Estates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lab Gnome
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
michaeljb wrote:
Curses, Estates, Duchies, Provinces, Coppers, Silvers, and Golds are always included in the supply.

This is succinct. Hopefully I don't make things more confusing by elaborating.

So, when setting up a game:

Place Curses, Estates, Duchies, Provinces, Coppers, Silvers, and Golds on the table. These are ALWAYS in every game of Dominion. Now, place your 10 supply piles on the table too.

For pre-sets (the recommended setups in the rule book) it lists the 10 supply piles to play with in addition to those base cards (curses, estates, etc.) that are in every game of Dominion.

Just in case you aren't aware, Dark Ages does not come with those cards that are in every game of Dominion. You must have them from other sets (Base, Dominion, or Intrigue).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.