Hide
2 Posts

Carcassonne» Forums » Rules

Subject: Two questions on castle placement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
T S
msg tools
So my friends and I ran into a couple of situations when using the bridges, castles, and bazaars expansion last week and have been unable to find an official solution to these questions.

[Question 1]

Here is the start of my turn:

I place the tile I have drawn and decide to convert the city to a castle instead of scoring it:

Then I place a follower on the unoccupied city like so:

I argue that the castle conversion does not count as placing a follower because he was already there to begin with, therefore, placing a follower on the other city is legal. My friends, however, argue that when the castle was placed I had removed the original follower and then had to place a new follower on the castle to claim it, so I would be unable to claim the other city due to the fact that I already placed a follower this turn. How do you in the community resolve this situation?

[Question 2]

Here is the setup at the start of my friends turn(this situation has been simplified, there were other tiles adjacent to mine making it a legal placement):

She draws and plays:

I choose to play a castle instead of scoring the small city I'm on:

I argue that I can decide to play this castle and then due to the fact that her city scores this turn that I receive the points for it as well. My friend argues that I cannot castle my small city due to the fact that is not my turn, so I would only receive the 4 points for the completed small city. Again I'm curious to see what the community here has to say about this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Spears
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
OverText intentionally left blank.
badge
Reach in to find out!
mbmbmbmbmb
Question 1: You are correct. Converting a castle is not considered placing a follower - and the follower on there was never "removed" or scored.

Question 2: You'd receive points only when the first structure (cloister, city or road) in its vicinity is completed during a subsequent turn. This means you score nothing this turn (because you chose to convert instead of scoring this turn), but keep your follower on the castle.

Also, you can convert a castle on any player's turn, but if you convert, you don't get the 4 points for the small city.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.