We have played MNB for most of the afternoon. 11 VP game to keep things moving along and also keep the interest of the kids up.
1. There a several defence cards with a ZERO value. We take it that they automatically affect the attacking card (unless the -1 modifier is in play) without having to roll?
2. Can players reinforce in the first game turn?
3. As attacks don't get finalised until the end how do intel cards get played. As written they must be played immediately after the attacker declares the attack. So if the attacker then decides not to play the card (which he appears to be able to do) then the intel card goes back in the pot?
4. The bomber strike card with 4 attacks, does each any single defending roll negate the entire card on only that one attack?
5. Can you stack battleplan cards to get a larger modifier?
Biggest problem we had was making sure the card deck was sufficiently shuffled to start with . In the first two games they drew 7 missile attack cards and that was after what we considered to be a good shuffle so we had to do yet another shuffle.
Boys are both hooked (and want to use models on the table which is a double bonus)
- Last edited Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:11 pm (Total Number of Edits: 2)
- Posted Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:08 pm
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Some quick answers...
1/ Correct - note also hard to stop attacks.
(Note "evade" is not effected by "hard to stop" as it "negates" instead of "stop")
3/ Itel cards have a special subroutine sometimes:
Normally: You play an action card against one of my units, as part of my defence I play an intel card to cancel your action card.
Except: You play an action card against one of my units, as part of my defence I play an intel card to cancel your action card, you however have an intel card in your hand, you get to play it to cancel my intel card, however I have a second intel card in my hand that i play to cancel your intel card etc.
4/ Each air strike (AS) has to be seperately countered, so to stop all 4 Air Strikes of a bomber mission would need at least 4 defences - except Itel, which cancels the Bomber Strike action card (bute see 3/ above)...
5/ IMO no...
Having two battle plans to use to give all your attacks +1 and one of your opponents rolls all a -1 can make for a bloodbath - so long as you have enough attacks.. or just that one critical bomber mission...
Shuffling - my cards are now in protective sleeves due to lots of use - I've taken to random pile dealing type shuffling.. then a cut of 4.. still I get hands that make my opponents very happy..
Glad to hear that your boys are enjoing it!
Post pictures of the models when you do play!
all the best