Tony Alonzo
United States
Eagle Mountain
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night I played my first game with 4 players. It went very well, and it was easy to setup based on that number of players. Usually, we play games with either 2 couples, 3 couples, or 4 couples.

Is it possible to stretch the game to play with 6 players, where 1 player controls the Overlord, and the other 5 control hero's?

There are enough hero cards for this to happen, but after that, I think it becomes a little complex.

There would be more than 1 class within the hero group, which could significantly change the dynamics of the game. Also, the game will not instruct you with how to setup the mosters with 5 hero's. We can always assume that you need to place an extra monster, or replace one of the white monsters with a red one.

For those of you who are experienced with the game, and the balance, I would totally welcome ideas on how to make this work if possible, or reasons why it would wreck the balance of the game dynamics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Lindberg
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
RedEye posted an variant enabling 1 OL and 5 heroes: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/839550/redeyes-67-player-var...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Ant
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Pepper, since you say that you play the game with 3 couples, I would say go ahead and use 5 heroes. We did it once during a campaign when someone was watching and wanted to join for one session only. It really didn't cause any problems at all. If you want to make small adjustments, like giving the OL an extra card or monster now and then, that's fine. Make adjustments on the fly.

If your group is relaxed and friendly and plays for theme, atmosphere, and fun, then I don't think you need to make any adjustments at all. If 5 heroes means that the heroes win more often, so what? Also, with 5 heroes, the OL does not need to feel like he should ever "hold back" for the sake of game balance, instead he can go all out on every turn. I think the campaign is sturdy enough that it could accommodate your group with ease. You would not be "breaking" the game at all.

Of course, if your group consists of 6 obsessive-compulsive rules lawyers, then everything I said above is hereby rescinded!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.