Popular Tags: [View All]
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
People are sitting about in anticipation while Lukas hands out the tournament rules. Hoping I don't suck too bad and that Gabe/Jinteki give a good show.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heiko Günther
Germany
Saarbrücken
Saarland
flag msg tools
designer
Coming soon: Peak Oil Spillover!
badge
I spent 100 GG so you can read this.
Best of luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Smithy

Wheaton
Illinois
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Session report please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck and session reports please!!

(What are the prizes? That's something that confuses me with the LCG model, prizes are easy with CCGs, you just hand packs, but what do you do with LCGs?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Normally they give away uncut sheets, custom deck boxes, playmats, custom tokens. The winners of the big tournaments will usually get to design a card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Lam
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Watched a little bit of the semi finals. Prizes so far were acrylic tokens to mark spent turn spots (4x tokens of the corp logos and 3x of the runner logos) and neoprene playmats of the box art. Hope these items become available in future organized play kits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Litten
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I can't wait for netrunner playmats, deck boxes, and little fiddly bits to play with!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dundy O
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know the release date? This is my most anticipated game this year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wister wrote:
Does anyone know the release date? This is my most anticipated game this year.

This video says mid-late September.

@ 1:45~
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Came in 21st. On my 4th Swiss round I hit Snare twice in HQ. In a row. SUCK OUT.

Had a hell of a lot of fun and everyone were great sports. See y'all next year!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dundy O
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great video. Fantastic way to answer a simple question.

Thank you. Now, I'm guessing those of us who preordered may receive the game a few weeks early?

I'm hoping.

My daughter and brother-in-law have no clue they're about to become Netrunner fans...devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dundy O
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bhz1 wrote:
Came in 21st. On my 4th Swiss round I hit Snare twice in HQ. In a row. SUCK OUT.

Congratulations! do you know how many we're in the tournament?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Copp
United States
Washington Court House
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ended up in fifth place. Was playing NBN and Noise. I believe the number one seed was as well. Tournament was great fun and I am hoping to get the chance to play more soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bhz1 wrote:

That's awesome -- well, probably not the horrible luck of it all, but the good spirits and general sense of enjoyment the experience probably brought.

Oh, you didn't happen to ask any of the judges hanging around whether their was a horrible misprint in the timing diagram on page 33 did you (section 2 ~ 3)? Love to know if that's a subtle change from the original or a blatant mistake in the graph.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wister wrote:

Based on how far down on the list my name was, I'd say we had at least 40, probably more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Morton
msg tools
bhz1 wrote:
Wister wrote:

Based on how far down on the list my name was, I'd say we had at least 40, probably more.

I think I heard there were 56.

Prizes were a Netrunner play mat for the top 8 (with the box cover art), and glass (or acrylic maybe) trophies with "Champion" and "Finalist" on them (in addition to the symbols for the seven factions).

I came in second; no tournament report at this time because I'm typing on a tablet, but FFG asked the winner and I if we could write something up for I'll have, so I'll have to see what I can put together when I get back home to a keyboard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chrondeath wrote:

I came in second...

Good job, man.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic schmidt
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Chrondeath wrote:
bhz1 wrote:
Wister wrote:

I think I heard there were 56.

Prizes were a Netrunner play mat for the top 8 (with the box cover art), and glass (or acrylic maybe) trophies with "Champion" and "Finalist" on them (in addition to the symbols for the seven factions).

I came in second; no tournament report at this time because I'm typing on a tablet, but FFG asked the winner and I if we could write something up for I'll have, so I'll have to see what I can put together when I get back home to a keyboard.

congratulations !!

how lucky you have to get all tha promo stuff !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kempe-Cook
United States
BLOOMINGTON
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I came in first. Awesome games. In case anyone is wondering for meta data, 3 of the top 4 were: NBN/Shaper (4th), HaasBioroid/Shaper(2nd), and Jinteki/Shaper(1st).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sydwys8 wrote:
I came in first. Awesome games. In case anyone is wondering for meta data, 3 of the top 4 were: NBN/Shaper (4th), HaasBioroid/Shaper(2nd), and Jinteki/Shaper(1st).

Congrats as well. Love to here your reflections in bhz1's tournament strategy lesson's thread, with emphasis on elements that may have surprised you -- things that felt differently than you imagined and the like.

Anyhoo, you definitely kicked ass, mate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Long
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Fly Eagles Fly!
badge
The Cthulhu player, not the Football player.
mbmbmbmbmb
sydwys8 wrote:
I came in first.

Congrats!

sydwys8 wrote:
In case anyone is wondering for meta data, 3 of the top 4 were: NBN/Shaper (4th), HaasBioroid/Shaper(2nd), and Jinteki/Shaper(1st).

Interesting Corp split at the top. Glad to see the diversity, even if the Runner side was pretty homogeneous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sydwys8 wrote:

I thought you were going with NBN.

Looking forward to you getting home.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sydwys8 wrote:

Any chance for a tournament report? OR session report of finals?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Myck Kabongo
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
sydwys8 wrote:

Based on the comments of others who said the top seed coming out of swiss was NBN/Anarchs, I'm going to assume that this was the third place player.

I'm not going to read too much into the breakdown of the top 4. Its quite possible that a bunch of Anarchs and Criminals were just barely outside the top 4.

Now, if the full Swiss results list is top-heavy with Shapers, then I'll start to buy that the meta is favoring Shapers. My opinion is still that Anarchs are the strongest, but they're more difficult to tune and play than the Shapers.

Bring on more tourneys and expansions! I'm super jelly of all of you that were at GenCon. Hopefully I'll be joining you next year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Jamet
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These games were played with pure factions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.