Chris Earls
United States
Flower Mound
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all, I just finished my move to Pittsfield and started my new job. Unfortunately most of my games are still in the POD which I wont get until November.

Thought I would see if there are any game groups in the Pittsfield, Lenox, or Lee or surrounding Birkshire areas.

Boy it's nice here, windows open and enjoying the wonderful breeze. I don't miss Dallas but I do miss Dallas Games Marathon this weekend. Sad:(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
I know Chris Buhl lives in that general area. His user name is fatgreta.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know where pittsfield is (hope it isn't dreadful as the name suggests ), but check

Gaming_Groups_in_New_England_-_USA

just in case anything nearby

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are people outside the I-95 loop?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke Of Lizards
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
Livin's mostly wasting time, and I waste my share of mine
badge
I am a breathing time machine
mbmbmbmbmb
Tennberg wrote:

Only the finest people in MA!

Edit: no offense to present company
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deric Harrington
United States
Rensselaer
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm out in Albany, ny, which is not particularly far away... If you're hard pressed to play something, let me know, I could meet up some weekend, as I'm moving in a few weeks to almost literally (so... not literally?) next to one of Albany's game stores...

Also weirdly enough, I used to live in a Chicago suburb (western), and my parents live just outside of Dallas...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Earls
United States
Flower Mound
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the responses gang, I'll map out where Albany is and see. I noticed there is a Monday night game group in Albany, but I'm not sure I can make that on a weekday or not. I believe the drive is about an hour or so.

How weird Deric, not sure what to say to that one... LOL, if you follow me to Pittsfield we will need notice...LOL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Small
United States
Cape Cod
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to MA sir! Hope you like it ( i was born and bred here )

You might find some gaming in the Springfield/North Hampton/ Amherst area. UMass is right there, and North Hampton is a pretty hip little town.

Places are a bit spread out in your area, and you may have to drive a little, but I'm sure you'll find some places to game.

Btw, what a beautiful area you're in! I went to school at UMass, and fell in love with the area. Real special place there, enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke Of Lizards
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
Livin's mostly wasting time, and I waste my share of mine
badge
I am a breathing time machine
mbmbmbmbmb
There are indeed a number of groups in the Pioneer Valley (Amherst,NoHo, etc). To the OP: if you're ever out this way, send me a GeekMail and I'll let you know if there's anything happening. There are game nights at FLGSs weekly on Wednesday (7p-1a) and Saturday (7p-11p) nights.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And if you are into Magic, roleplaying games or Go, there are even more game nights in the Pioneer Valley as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Olson
United States
Troy
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a game night at Zombie Planet in Albany that meets on Friday Nights. We have a guy that comes from Dalton MA every week and considers it worth the trip. Come on out and ask for Jeremy and I'd be happy to play some games with you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Tripp
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greenfield isn't too far away from you and they have an amazing game store. If you're ever in the area, check it out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Faulconer
United States
pittsfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hi. I'm the one from Dalton MA, just north of Pittsfield, Jeremy's talking about. Personally I've had no luck finding a game group in Pittsfield. And yea, traveling to Zombie Planet is worth the 45-60 min drive.
Feel free to PM me if you want to hitch a ride.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jones Mamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I think there would be quite a few board gamers in the area if we all got together. Driving to Albany/Northampton would be ok but we shouldn't have to leave Berkshire County to get something together. I found a few links to people that might want to play games here. I think I could round up several people if we wanted to join an existing group or put one together in Berkshire County.

http://www.meetup.com/Grub-Games-Little-Ones/

It looks like this game group was going on for several years in Lenox, although I cannot find any recent meetings. This was hosted by Chris Buhl who was previously mentioned.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/414459/lenox-massachusetts-b...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Williams
United States
Capital Region
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is also a very large and active club in Schenectady, NY - which is a similar distance from Pittsfield as Albany. The Schenectady Wargamers' Association (www.swa-gaming.org) puts on a kind of mini-con (called a Game-A-Thon) every month on a Saturday (next one is this Saturday!) - they have board games, RPGs, minis going all day. Lately dozens of people have been showing up, and there are people that drive over an hour to attend each month. It's a great place network, as well.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about our events - hope to see you come out sometime!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean S
msg tools
Hi all. So, I am moving to Pittsfield, MA myself in the not too distant future and I stumbled across this post. I'm a big gamer and will be looking for places to play. If there is a gaming group being formed I would be interested in joining.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vic Provost
United States
Hinsdale
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Hello, my name is Vic Provost, longtime member of the wargaming hobby and ASL in particular. (I'm publisher of longtime ASL fanzine Dispatches from the Bunker). I live in Hinsdale, just south of Dalton and just came across a website for a gaming club in Dalton that meets most Thursday evenings and one Saturday a month. See the link below. I will check it out the first or second Thursday in November and hope to get there on a regular basis during November and through the Winter.

I'm willing to play pretty much any boardgame and looking to do anything from the wargame hobby along with possibly old classics like Risk and even a little Tolkein subject matter like War of the Rings and the new Battle of the Five Armies. Also love Star Wars related stuff and card based games.

Mainly just want to get some enjoyable gaming in with some new friends. So hope to see some of my like minded hobbyists from Berkshire County there in Dalton next month, Vic.

http://www.meetup.com/2-Flights-Up-Gamg/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JM
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Vic, My husband and I live in Lenox. We have been to a handful of game day/night events at 2FlightsUp and have always had a fun time. The folks there are really friendly. They have a bunch of games and you can bring your own too. Here's a list of the games in their library: http://www.2flightsup.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Compter...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Tennberg wrote:

I drive from NH to FL w/out getting on I-95 until West Springfield VA!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Knowles
United States
Feeding Hills
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agawam, Mass group Western Mass Board Gamers meets every 3-4 Fridays a month and usually 1 Saturday a month.

Group Leader Brian Knowles

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hodges
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
ipreferwalking wrote:
Hi Vic, My husband and I live in Lenox. We have been to a handful of game day/night events at 2FlightsUp and have always had a fun time. The folks there are really friendly. They have a bunch of games and you can bring your own too. Here's a list of the games in their library: http://www.2flightsup.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Compter...

This is really the source of gaming in Pittsfield. There's plenty of space, fun people, and they meet every Thursday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Sheldon
United States
Springfield
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will just mention Carnage Convention in Killington VT. Coming up Nov 7-9th this year. It is maybe 2-2 1/2 hours up Route 7.

All genres... a great War Game room with plenty of space for open gaming.

I know that some of the organizers for 2 Flights Up Game Studio in Dalton attend and run some great games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.