Craig Ouellette
Canada
flag msg tools
Questions from Gameplay last night.

1) I have a lvl 2 Criochant and lvl 1 Disowned both equipped with a Taproot Blade. First Taproot Blade destroys a curse for its bonus and the second destroys the hero that carries it...but I have Bracers of defense that when a hero it to be destroyed or discarded to discard that card instead.

Does this work?

2) Similar scenario with a lvl1 Disowned, but facing a creature with the Edgewalker's Blade (Battle: discard 2 heroes) since I have only 1 hero and am protecting it with the bracers, it it protected until the end of turn by the effect or is it discarded by the second of 2 heroes to be discarded, since I have only one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sherwin Tam
msg tools
My interpretations:

kegdragon wrote:
1) I have a lvl 2 Criochant and lvl 1 Disowned both equipped with a Taproot Blade. First Taproot Blade destroys a curse for its bonus and the second destroys the hero that carries it...but I have Bracers of defense that when a hero it to be destroyed or discarded to discard that card instead.

Does this work?

Seems reasonable to me. You use the Blade's power to destroy the wielder, but the Bracers' power keeps the wielder alive and still carrying said blade instead of dropping to the floor dead (and dropping the Blade).

kegdragon wrote:
2) Similar scenario with a lvl1 Disowned, but facing a creature with the Edgewalker's Blade (Battle: discard 2 heroes) since I have only 1 hero and am protecting it with the bracers, is it protected until the end of turn by the effect or is it discarded by the second of 2 heroes to be discarded, since I have only one?

It's one effect, so IMO you resolve the entire effect first, run into the "Do what you can" rule where you only attempt to discard your one hero, and then the Bracers save the hero after you resolve the Battle effect. Or, to put it another way, if you didn't have the Bracers, you wouldn't try to discard your hero twice, so you shouldn't have to try to do so because you have the Bracers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Seidel
Germany
Hannover
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the bracers discarded or destroyed after protecting the hero?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abersen wrote:

The wording on the bracers says to "discard the bracers instead", the meaning of which is self explanatory!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Seidel
Germany
Hannover
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
freddieyu wrote:
abersen wrote:

The wording on the bracers says to "discard the bracers instead", the meaning of which is self explanatory!

You are right there. Problem is that i have the german version and just wanted to make sure that there isnt a fault with the translation / wording.

But thanks anyway!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.