Popular Tags: [View All]
MS-06 Zaku II
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

In term of helping the gameplay (not personal preference), is the artwork in Dixit 1 better or Dixit Journey?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not played Dixit Journey, but of Dixit 1, 2, and oddessy I find the Dixit 1 cards by far the most open ended and allows the widest variety of clues. Oddessey is not nearly as good as the other two (the Odessey drawings are too specific)

I like the look of the Journey Cards online, but I have not had a chance to play it....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1 and 2 are the best as mentioned.

With each new set the cards are less and less open; making it hard to come up with original descriptions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Raid1280 wrote:

Journey is another great set. The art is digital, so it has a very animated, cartoon quality, but the abstract subjectiveness is far more apparent than it was in Odyssey.

Thanks for the quick review/comparison of Journey. It looks like I have a christmas present now for my gamenight host. We were both very disappointed in Odessey.

My guess is that we'll mix it all in, and actually the extra style of the art might balance out the art style of Oddessy -- if its gonna be eclectic, lets get all eclectic!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'll save you a seat at the table!
mbmbmbmbmb
I own all of the sets and I find Journey to have the by far the best art work.

Now that said, the art work is also the least abstract. So, it may hinder a less imaginative mind to pull something different from the card.

My advice (and what I do): is to mix the cards and as they are used put them on the bottom of the pile to used in much later games or times. If the game does suffer in its art work, it is from seeing the card art so often and having it be defined in our mind by certain clues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.