Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am BATMAN!
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know what the street date is on the starter and wave 1?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check on down the post. Couple pages back I believe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shilts
United States
Abingdon
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still haven't been able to find anything on the street date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
There are various dates floating about - August 25th, 1st to 2nd week of September, just "September", and I'm sure there's a couple more.

I personally truly believe that it'll be there when it'll be there, and that it'll be less than a month from now. A few days more or less don't really matter to me...

I guess the reason why we didn't get a definite date (just like with all other games from FFG that I'm aware of) is that shipping and transportation are so unpredictable. I think that thus, we'll get it sooner without an announced street date, because announcing a street date would mean they'd have to stick with it, and that they'd have to add safety margins so the product is actually there on that date - and would thus have to be in stock a few days earlier already. Particularly for locations closer to their warehouse, that'd mean a delay of quite a long time between getting the item and being allowed to sell it. Without a street date, there is no such delay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Eding
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
haslo wrote:
There are various dates floating about - August 25th, 1st to 2nd week of September, just "September", and I'm sure there's a couple more.

I personally truly believe that it'll be there when it'll be there, and that it'll be less than a month from now. A few days more or less don't really matter to me...

I guess the reason why we didn't get a definite date (just like with all other games from FFG that I'm aware of) is that shipping and transportation are so unpredictable. I think that thus, we'll get it sooner without an announced street date, because announcing a street date would mean they'd have to stick with it, and that they'd have to add safety margins so the product is actually there on that date - and would thus have to be in stock a few days earlier already. Particularly for locations closer to their warehouse, that'd mean a delay of quite a long time between getting the item and being allowed to sell it. Without a street date, there is no such delay.

I hope you're right! I've been chomping at the bit to get my greedy hands on this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Gray
United States
Brookfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
EDIT: False alarm, this was an inventory error.

Target
Rosemont
7000 Mannheim Rd
Rosemont, IL 60018
(847) 795-1760

Has it listed as limited stock online as of 09-05-2012 @ 1:42 PM CST.

Rosemont is by O’Hare International Airport and Chicago (a central distribution center in the USA with a huge railway hub and such).

I am betting that they are on trucks and rail cars in the US now (if this is not an error).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian @BoardGameMonster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UK distributor is expecting this around the 20th Sept so should be on shelves the week after.

C

If you're in the UK and would like to pre-order any copies check out our thread here: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/839182/crowd-buying-x-wing-u...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.