Dungeon Run» Forums » Rules

Subject: Move / Escape question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marty McFly
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rolling for Monsters and Treasures is part of the placement rules of the new tile (not part of moving), so you will check for Monsters and Treasures when you escape to a new tile.

The "escaping is not a move" rule is for things that effect moving only. I think there's a hero ability that gives you extra moves under certain circumstances. This ability wouldn't allow you to make an escape if you already took 2 actions because escaping is not the same as moving.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
den myos
Denmark
Næstved
flag msg tools
Not to hijack this thread.

assuming that you want to escape because the monster that is on the tile is to tough for you.

Does the attack from the monster still count if you escape.?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plei Forejoy
Singapore
flag msg tools
This space for rent!
badge
Painting all these miniatures is starting to crimp my time...
mbmbmbmbmb
denmyos wrote:
Not to hijack this thread.

assuming that you want to escape because the monster that is one the tile is to tough for you.

Does the attack from the monster still count if you escape.?

You do not get to Escape when someone is attacking you.

There are 3 ways your character can be attacked:
1. When you move into a tile and rolled up an Encounter, one round of fighting is performed (the monster attacks you, you attack back).
2. When you initiate a Battle action, one round of fighting is performed (the monster attacks you, you attack back).
3. If by the end of your turn, you are in a tile with a monster and you never took a Battle action against it, the monster takes a free attack at you (monster attacks you, you do nothing).

Escape is one of your two standard actions (like Battle and Move); it is not something you do during the 3 situations mentioned above, but after them (case 3 would be your next turn's actions).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
den myos
Denmark
Næstved
flag msg tools
Can you explain a senario where you would use the escape action.?

I understand that you cant move/escape when you are being attack.

But when will you use the escape action.?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plei Forejoy
Singapore
flag msg tools
This space for rent!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
denmyos wrote:
Can you explain a senario where you would use the escape action.?

I understand that you cant move/escape when you are being attack.

But when will you use the escape action.?

Example A:
You have been fighting several rounds against a monster and it is going badly for you. So you Escape on your next action to somewhere else.

Example B:
At the start of your turn, you Move into a new tile. Your roll for an Encounter succeeded, but you draw a monster your character currently is unable to defeat, or you do not want to fight it (because you will be the First Player for next round and you could move it to hinder other players). So your second action in this turn is to Escape to somewhere else (and let the monster bother someone else).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
den myos
Denmark
Næstved
flag msg tools
Maybe i misunderstand the rules.
But when you role for an encounter on a new tile, doesnt the monster get a free attack against you? and thus you have to fight back, for 1 action.?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
denmyos wrote:
Maybe i misunderstand the rules.
But when you role for an encounter on a new tile, doesnt the monster get a free attack against you? and thus you have to fight back, for 1 action.?

You got a free "battle move". The monster only get a "free attack" if you stay on the tile for 2 action without doing anything to fight the monster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
den myos
Denmark
Næstved
flag msg tools
Im not sure im getting this.

Example B:
At the start of your turn, you Move into a new tile. Your roll for an Encounter succeeded, but you draw a monster your character currently is unable to defeat, or you do not want to fight it (because you will be the First Player for next round and you could move it to hinder other players). So your second action in this turn is to Escape to somewhere else (and let the monster bother someone else).

According to watch it play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-45o57DwKM&feature=autoplay...

at 11:06

You have to fight a monster that you encounter (reveling a new tile, role die etc.) on a new tile, and cannot use the escape action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plei Forejoy
Singapore
flag msg tools
This space for rent!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Every turn, you get 2 actions.

The first action in the example above is Move; the battle that comes about is free and not an action.

The second action (Escape) happens after Move, not during it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.